• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Really tired of all this

P

Purpleplum

My workplace is closing due to the virus. They are allowing some to work from home and some still can come in. And then there are others that just can't work at all. It seems like it just matters who you are.
The stock markets have crashed making interest rates zero so what I have saved is getting less and less.
I support myself and have no one but me to rely on. Being forced not to work is getting me upset especially when others are allowed to work.
Everything is getting to be a mess and it seems to get worse everyday. A lot of people have two incomes in their house and I don't. Other people get benefits from the government and I don't. I've always had to fend for myself and I'm sick of this thing.

B

blankstare

Yeah, people really need to calm the fuck down about this bs. Which is what it is, bs. People are allowing themselves to get all hyped up by the news agencies which are hyping them up just to scare people and make them buy things. Which is exactly whats happening. Im in a similar situation to you. I too am alone with only myself and my means to support myself. I will get no help from the outside so if my job decides to close or reduce workers or whatever Im screwed.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
Are you going to cope financially? I was saying today I am glad I am not in the US, as they seem to have crap employee benefits, benefit system and healthcare. unless you are rich of course.

P

Purpleplum

Are you going to cope financially? I was saying today I am glad I am not in the US, as they seem to have crap employee benefits, benefit system and healthcare. unless you are rich of course.
For now I can cope with it financially if I have to but others there don't have to use their savings because they're letting them work. They get to work because it's who you know.

P

Purpleplum

Yeah, people really need to calm the fuck down about this bs. Which is what it is, bs. People are allowing themselves to get all hyped up by the news agencies which are hyping them up just to scare people and make them buy things. Which is exactly whats happening. Im in a similar situation to you. I too am alone with only myself and my means to support myself. I will get no help from the outside so if my job decides to close or reduce workers or whatever Im screwed.
I agree with the hype causing it. Hope your job stays open.

P

Purpleplum

I've been able to work so far this week and they're finding ways others who are still at work can work from home. If they close the building completely though, I don't get that option...there's nothing I'd be able to do at home they say. They are making things up for others to do from home...literally making them up! I feel really unliked, sad and angry.