• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Really struggling with attacks

katya

katya

Hey guys. My chest has been in really bad pain all day. It's like a constant panic attack, but I'm able to remain calm? But it doesn't take the pain away. It's fucking nearly unbearable. I do not know what to do. I know I can't go into work tomorrow. I'm gonna get a sick note tomorrow. Maybe that'll lessen my anxiety. I feel like I'm broken. Every noise is literally painful. Trying to breathe. God, I don't want to feel like this anymore.

katya

katya

Shit, man, I wish I had some Valium.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
what sort of pain is it? i've never had a panic attack i dont think so am probably not much help. maybe it will be better after some sleep if you can sleep.

katya

katya

It's like a tightening in my chest that is really painful and makes me feel dizzy. I'm noticing I'm "forgetting" to breathe? I had a nap before today and I woke up feeling worse. I will go to bed soon though. Thank you.

G

Gredge23

I have never had a lasting attack like that if it is a panicking attack! My attacks don't last very long Nd are frightening , I wud get a pain in my chest also but not like urs.

katya

katya

I'm not sure what it is, but it's just really painful and so long lasting!

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It sounds like really bad anxiety just atm. I get it too and it's horrible so I know how you feel

When I have nothing to take I try and focus on really slow, deep breathing and it can help reduce it

Hope you feel better soon xxx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm sorry that you're going through this katya. :hug1:
Don't know if it's much of a consolation but what you wrote describes how I feel quite often and i'm still living to tell the tale, so while it feels really serious, try not to panic because it probably is just awful anxiety.

I think getting a doctor's note tomorrow and perhaps getting hold of some Valium at the same time if that's possible might be the best idea for now.

Just a few tips - I find a cold glass of water helps me feel better and can regulate my breathing.
Splashing a bit of cold water on my face helps too if I can't snap out of very shallow or 'missed' breathing.
Don't wear a bra whenever possible. Not sure about you, but i'm pretty busty and having a bra literally restricting my chest doesn't help at all.
Open a window/fresh air.

Also, is it possible that you might have pulled a muscle in your chest? Just a random thought but sometimes when I think about it, sometimes I can recall straining (maybe through coughing/vomming/sneezing).

I really hope you feel better soon. :hug:

C

cally75

Hope things go ok at docs this morning katya. It's best u get checked out. I know it's easier said but try to keep calm. I'm in constant panic & dunno how to stop it! Coming on here helps to distract me & knowing other people are suffering a similar situation