• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Really struggling. Need help.

C

chris232

Here is what I've been struggling with for the past twelve weeks. I hope that somebody can help because I'm at my wits end.

Twelve weeks ago I went out with my friends and had a lot of alcohol. As the night was drawing to a close, my friends and I smoked a couple of strong joints. I regret this. This was on a Saturday night – Sunday morning, and I was starting a new job on Monday. I didn't get home till 6am, and couldn't sleep. I had a massive panic attack, and totally freaked out. Since then, my life has not been the same.

I woke up the next day still feeling stoned. I couldn't shake the feeling. Since then, I experienced what can only be called 'derealization'. Feelings of;

Feeling spaced out / not connected.
Emotional numbness.
Like I'm there, and I can interact / be funny as usual, but it's like it's happening on auto.
TIME - this is a big one for me - it seems that time has little meaning.
Poor memory - I actually thought my car had been stolen today, but the place where I was looking for it was where I parked it yesterday.
Visual disturbances (black mark out the corner of my eye)
Not hungry / thirsty when i know I should be.

So, I had that for a heck of a long time (probably not too long in comparison to some of you lovely lot :) ). So, I decided that I would try and do something about it so I've been taking Rhodiola Rosea – a herb which is meant to help with the mind's functions.

Since then I've come back to reality, but I'm having a real hard time. I still feel like I'm losing my mind, and that I could just drop out of existance at any moment.

If you read that far, thank-you. (y)

I'd just like to know what I should do really. Is it possible for people to just go insane - never to return to normal society and to be locked up?

I just want to know whether it's actually possible to lose your mind?

Please help :(

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi drugs can trigger mental health problems in some people.It probably would be a good idea to see your GP for advice. Its unlikely that you have become "insane" or will be put in a hospital so try not to panic.
KP

C

chris232

What kind of mental issues can be caused by cannabis? :(

A

Apotheosis

I'd just like to know what I should do really. Is it possible for people to just go insane - never to return to normal society and to be locked up?

I just want to know whether it's actually possible to lose your mind?

Please help :(
Of course - but these days people are less likely to be locked up for a long time. The main thing that will get people locked up is violence - 'forensic psychiatry'.

Cannabis can induce some bizarre effects. But there are ways & means of calming & centring the mind - not least meditation techniques.

It is helpful to ground ourselves with things. Is reality inside the mind? It usually isn't until people experience some kind of mental upset that they question any of this - & even then many don't.

It will probably pass how you are feeling. If not; then there are ways of coping with such things.

C

chris232

Thankyou for that. I just need some positive help really. I'm going to the doctors shortly, but I don't know what to say.

How do I possibly describe what's going on in my head. :-(

keepsafe

keepsafe

Write it down and take it with you

C

chris232

She has prescribed me some beta blockers. :-(

So confused as to what to do now.