• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Really scared health scares choking issues

• Thread starter Alwaysanxious21
  • Start date
A

Alwaysanxious21

So I think I swallowed some water down the wrong pipe I started to cough a bit but the tickle sensation is still In my throat I’m scared I might be dry drowning

JessisMe

JessisMe

Just continue to breathe and swallow regularly until this passes. Hopefully it has cleared up by the time you read this. xo, j

A

Alwaysanxious21

Just continue to breathe and swallow regularly until this passes. Hopefully it has cleared up by the time you read this. xo, j
Thanks I have been I still have the sensation do you I will be alright with it I’m worried

JessisMe

JessisMe

If you were dry drowning you wouldn’t be able to breathe at all. A little discomfort is to be expected. As long as you are breathing regularly the tickle feeling should go away in a little while. Just swallow every so often and continue to breathe.

A

Alwaysanxious21

If you were dry drowning you wouldn’t be able to breathe at all. A little discomfort is to be expected. As long as you are breathing regularly the tickle feeling should go away in a little while. Just swallow every so often and continue to breathe.
Ok thanks it’s made my anxiety so high I asked a doctor and they said I should be fine but my throat feels weird like tight might it be that or anxiety

JessisMe

JessisMe

Ok thanks it’s made my anxiety so high I asked a doctor and they said I should be fine but my throat feels weird like tight might it be that or anxiety
It’s probably just a reflex from water having gotten down in it. That part of your body had a little scare so it might take a little bit of time for it to recover. As long as you are breathing easy I wouldn’t worry about a thing. :hug:

A

Alwaysanxious21

It’s probably just a reflex from water having gotten down in it. That part of your body had a little scare so it might take a little bit of time for it to recover. As long as you are breathing easy I wouldn’t worry about a thing. :hug:
Ok thanks just my anxiety spike hopefully i will be ok and get better soon

A

Alwaysanxious21

So I think I might have swallowed a bit of food down the wrong way I throat feels uncomfortable like tight and tickley I googled and now I’m scared I might aspiration

JessisMe

JessisMe

As long as you can breathe regularly you are fine.

A

Alwaysanxious21

So as I said earlier I swallowed a bit of water and I think a bit of food down the wrong way and now I’m scared I might have aspiration or I might have dry drowning and I’m worried to go to sleep

Boudicca

Boudicca

I’m really sure you won’t die drowning. If you feel unsure, give your pharmacist a call or your Doctor and ask them for advice. It will put your mind at ease and then you’ll be able to rest. Good luck!!

A

Alwaysanxious21

I’m really sure you won’t die drowning. If you feel unsure, give your pharmacist a call or your Doctor and ask them for advice. It will put your mind at ease and then you’ll be able to rest. Good luck!!
Thanks I did I asked about both they said I should be fine but I’m still scared that I might have aspiration

Boudicca

Boudicca

Thanks I did I asked about both they said I should be fine but I’m still scared that I might have aspiration
Honestly try not to worry about it. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Sometimes we get scared about things like this, me included when I was a kid. I put a button up my nose and I couldn’t get it out and I thought it would go up into my brain. I managed to close one side of my nose with my finger and blow really hard through my other nostril. The button came out. So I was relieved.
Also the body has ways of dispelling foreign objects... or at the very least dealing with them. I’m sure you will be ok. Hugs :hug:

A

Alwaysanxious21

Honestly try not to worry about it. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Sometimes we get scared about things like this, me included when I was a kid. I put a button up my nose and I couldn’t get it out and I thought it would go up into my brain. I managed to close one side of my nose with my finger and blow really hard through my other nostril. The button came out. So I was relieved.
Also the body has ways of dispelling foreign objects... or at the very least dealing with them. I’m sure you will be ok. Hugs :hug:
Thanks hope so trying to to stay calm but thanks for telling me that my anxiety has not been great so I just panic but thank you