• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Really scared any tips

• Thread starter Alwaysanxious21
  • Start date
A

Alwaysanxious21

Yesterday I think I drank too much I drank slightly over 1 litre in about an hour and now scared I might have water intoxication please help

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Are you having symptoms ?

If it was yesterday you should be fine

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Play it by ear the problem with drinking to much water is in drains out your salts and electrolytes. You should eat some salty foods and if you must drink something make it soda of something less healthy thats not proper hydration. No more water until you start seeing yellow urine.

If physical symptoms get any worse go to hospital.

A

Alwaysanxious21

Play it by ear the problem with drinking to much water is in drains out your salts and electrolytes. You should eat some salty foods and if you must drink something make it soda of something less healthy thats not proper hydration. No more water until you start seeing yellow urine.
Thanks I went for a wee this morning and it was yellow and asked a doctor and said to not so confused about that like scared to drink is there Anything to look out for

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Just give it time. Id drink diluted drinks today and make sure you have salt. As long as your dont have more physical reactions you should be ok. If you have continued nausea or pain id go see a physician.

Just listen to your body.

A

Alwaysanxious21

Just give it time. Id drink diluted drinks today and make sure you have salt. As long as your dont have more physical reactions you should be ok. If you have continued nausea or pain id go see a physician.
Ok thanks really worried was the pee being yellow good? Just have lower back pain now hopefully things will get better

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Yes. Yellow pee usually means your in early stages of dehydration. Proper or too much hydration you would be peeing clear. So seeing yellow right now is good.

A

Alwaysanxious21

Yes. Yellow pee usually means your in early stages of dehydration. Proper or too much hydration you would be peeing clear. So seeing yellow right now is good.
Ok wasn’t sure this might sound like a stupid question but because it was in the morning would it be yellow anyway or is it Because I’m getting better?

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Right now id take it as a sign of getting better. Just be careful and like i said if you still feel off and youre not feeling better in few hours. Id go get checked. Im not a doctor and you need to be careful and unless its to rehydrate from some physical activity, dont ever drink that much water in short amount of time.

A

Alwaysanxious21

Right now id take it as a sign of getting better. Just be careful and like i said if you still feel off and youre not feeling better in few hours. Id go get checked. Im not a doctor and you need to be careful and unless its to rehydrate from some physical activity, dont ever drink that much water in short amount of time.
Thanks I talked to doctor over the phone as with everything going with the virus they won’t see you face to face the doctor said it won’t be that and that I should be fine so hopefully I’ll get better so not too much to drink and have more salt is that all?