• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Really need to sort it out

S

Sarax

Hi, some of you may have Read my posts in other threads.... I'm going through a really low stage... Have been self harming for many years now through depression, no matter what I do I can't seem to dig myself out of this hole. The self harm works for a while but soon I end up back at stage one, I've also started obsessing over what I'm eating and my weight again which is something that I also tend to do when I'm feeling down!! any help / suggestions how to cope with this?

S

Soren

hi sarax, i don't have much to advise on your specific problems, i'm afraid, but how about this for general advice.

don't laugh - somerset is a beautiful beautiful place. do you ever go out walking in the countryside? if not, you could try going out (when it stops snowing) for 2 or 3 hours in the cold and really tiring yourself out.

get away from everybody and get some light and air. deliberately get yourself freezing and exhausted and muddy, and if it rains, thats even better (take sugary food with you).

i know it sounds a bit too wholesome and naive to some people, but thats the whole point. do something simple and innocent as an antidote to the blackness.

(btw - its a bit odd me saying this as i've just posted another thread going on about anger and hatred, and not being able to go outside.)

S

Sarax

Hi thanks for your reply my ony difficulty with that is I'm seriously watching what I'm eating... Low calories, fat and sugar so feeling bit weak at mo anyway.

S

starfish

sarax

i agree with soren. i find walking to be very benificial. before my hubby was taken ill , several weeks ago, i walked every day, under my doctors orders[,ime diabetic.] and i took some fruit with me to eat while i was walking, an apple and a banana, and i began to lose weight. ime hoping to start walking again soon.

S

Sarax

Thanks... I'll try x

S

Soren

by the way, stephen fry was on the telly recently, saying that he lost six stone by walking around listening to audio books on his ipod everyday. so its worth consuming more calories to keep yourself going, whilst losing weight and feeling less terrible. anyway, i won't go on about it! :p

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
N New to this, really just need to find my light again. Depression Forum 5
D Really Struggling Depression Forum 5
L Feeling Really Low Depression Forum 8
S Really bad day Depression Forum 7
A Really struggling Depression Forum 26
A does anyone else think they are really boring Depression Forum 26
B Really want to kill myself. Anyone want to message me. Depression Forum 27
Fairy Lucretia really worried Depression Forum 7
moonperson vent/advice: I really can't stand myself and I don't want to like this person who I am. Depression Forum 14
B I really can't take it anymore trigger warning suicide. Depression Forum 28
R New here, not really sure what I'm doing Depression Forum 4
P Really craving a girlfriend Depression Forum 26
Y Feeling really lonely sice covid started Depression Forum 7
I Really scared I will get told off Depression Forum 19
J does exercise really help moderate to servere depression? Depression Forum 28
B Do I really have depression? Depression Forum 16
T Feeling really suicidal Depression Forum 9
CKM1234 Being a Virgin is really getting to me and making me feel really depressed Depression Forum 17
Jam1990 Do medications really work for depression/anxiety Depression Forum 24
Ladyfair Feeling really low Depression Forum 2
N Is everything really meant to happen for a reason? Depression Forum 27
Fairy Lucretia puppy ,really worried x Depression Forum 19
L Really Depressed: Depression Forum 2
S Depression really bad this morning Depression Forum 10
L Feel like nothings ever going to change. Really struggling Depression Forum 3
DistantOcean Pretty much ready to blow my brains out (not really) Depression Forum 10
W Do we really get over deppression, Depression Forum 15
W I need to unload and don't know how to talk about stuff so this is my shout in to the void Depression Forum 3
kimidare Need to vent or explode, or implode ? Depression Forum 13
Marrex A need to vent Depression Forum 6
R I need someone to talk to if possible. Depression Forum 18
Ladyfair I Think I Need To Change Meds Depression Forum 7
B Struggling and need to talk Depression Forum 2
A Need Someone to Talk To.... Depression Forum 6
D Deteriorating mental health : I need to get a lot off my chest Depression Forum 25
G Just need a bit of help? Depression Forum 24
J My story is unoriginal but I need to vent pls Depression Forum 6
M Girlfriend has depression and has pushed away. Need advice/support Depression Forum 2
G I need help ‘May be triggering’ Depression Forum 5
J Need some help I'm feeling very depressed the moment and just do not feel good Depression Forum 4
W I need help! Depression Forum 5
R i need to get help for the sake of my family... Depression Forum 4
S I need help but I can't get help Depression Forum 20
J Need life help, my story. (sorry) Depression Forum 7
Ladyfair NEED HELP SOMEONE PLEASE Depression Forum 8
S SSRIs are screwing me up. Need ur experience with wellbutrinh Depression Forum 1
W need help please Depression Forum 6
S In need of some reassurance Depression Forum 1
J I need this off my chest Depression Forum 2