• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Really need to sort it out

S

Sarax

Hi, some of you may have Read my posts in other threads.... I'm going through a really low stage... Have been self harming for many years now through depression, no matter what I do I can't seem to dig myself out of this hole. The self harm works for a while but soon I end up back at stage one, I've also started obsessing over what I'm eating and my weight again which is something that I also tend to do when I'm feeling down!! any help / suggestions how to cope with this?

S

Soren

hi sarax, i don't have much to advise on your specific problems, i'm afraid, but how about this for general advice.

don't laugh - somerset is a beautiful beautiful place. do you ever go out walking in the countryside? if not, you could try going out (when it stops snowing) for 2 or 3 hours in the cold and really tiring yourself out.

get away from everybody and get some light and air. deliberately get yourself freezing and exhausted and muddy, and if it rains, thats even better (take sugary food with you).

i know it sounds a bit too wholesome and naive to some people, but thats the whole point. do something simple and innocent as an antidote to the blackness.

(btw - its a bit odd me saying this as i've just posted another thread going on about anger and hatred, and not being able to go outside.)

S

Sarax

Hi thanks for your reply my ony difficulty with that is I'm seriously watching what I'm eating... Low calories, fat and sugar so feeling bit weak at mo anyway.

S

starfish

sarax

i agree with soren. i find walking to be very benificial. before my hubby was taken ill , several weeks ago, i walked every day, under my doctors orders[,ime diabetic.] and i took some fruit with me to eat while i was walking, an apple and a banana, and i began to lose weight. ime hoping to start walking again soon.

S

Sarax

Thanks... I'll try x

S

Soren

by the way, stephen fry was on the telly recently, saying that he lost six stone by walking around listening to audio books on his ipod everyday. so its worth consuming more calories to keep yourself going, whilst losing weight and feeling less terrible. anyway, i won't go on about it! :p