• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Really need some help to understand

Owl93

Owl93

This lad is in love/ obsessed with me but I found out a couple of day's ago he has a girlfriend. It has been hard for me to understand why anyone could act like this, I keep thinking was it a game. If anyone can help me understand it would help me a lot.

letmein

letmein

how did you feel about him? the fact he has a G/F isn't good if you were thinking about taking things further.

as for why people do shit, who know, I'm not sure even the lad your talking about knows why.

stay safe.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi Owl93,

Maybe he is in love with you because he isn't happy with his current relationship, and maybe sees you as a better partner.

Or, he may try to interest you so that he can be with both of you at the same time.

Or, he may find you really physically attractive, and so feels really attracted to you.

Anyways, the important question is, are you attracted to him? If not, then tell him you're not interested and get on with life :)

Much love <3

Owl93

Owl93

how did you feel about him? the fact he has a G/F isn't good if you were thinking about taking things further.

as for why people do shit, who know, I'm not sure even the lad your talking about knows why.

stay safe.

I do have feelings for him but at the moment I'm all over the place. Thank you for advice.

Owl93

Owl93

Hi Owl93,

Maybe he is in love with you because he isn't happy with his current relationship, and maybe sees you as a better partner.

Or, he may try to interest you so that he can be with both of you at the same time.

Or, he may find you really physically attractive, and so feels really attracted to you.

Anyways, the important question is, are you attracted to him? If not, then tell him you're not interested and get on with life :)

Much love <3

Thank you for the great advice and I do have feelings for him which makes it harder. I just feel stupid for not picking up on it and I feel used. :low:

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Thank you for the great advice and I do have feelings for him which makes it harder. I just feel stupid for not picking up on it and I feel used. :low:

In this situation, I wouldn't do anything until he's not in a relationship. If you try and connect while he's with someone else, things could get messy unnecessarily, so I'd wait until he's single and ready to mingle :)

Zardos

Zardos

Some guys of a certain age are just like that.. They see it as sexual conquests.. Real macho shit.. If he's already got a girlfriend then you should probably leave him alone.. You don't need that drama... Besides if you got together by cheating on his girlfriend.. How could you ever trust him ?

dermild

dermild

Some monkeys like to swing from vine to vine, and won't let go of the first vine until they've secured another.

Could be a stupid kid in a candy shop, or a calculated Narcissist who views others as playthings in a world that stars him.

Beware having feelings for this person. He's doing it to her right now, so there's nothing saying he wouldn't do it to you. Big red flag.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Former member
Don't judge too harshly. A lot of people struggle with their personal lives.

Owl93

Owl93

In this situation, I wouldn't do anything until he's not in a relationship. If you try and connect while he's with someone else, things could get messy unnecessarily, so I'd wait until he's single and ready to mingle :)

Okay, thank you and I'm not that type of person who could go out with someone who already has a gf. Also I can't get he act's jealous if I talk to another lad but he has a gf, so would he care.

Owl93

Owl93

Some monkeys like to swing from vine to vine, and won't let go of the first vine until they've secured another.

Could be a stupid kid in a candy shop, or a calculated Narcissist who views others as playthings in a world that stars him.

Beware having feelings for this person. He's doing it to her right now, so there's nothing saying he wouldn't do it to you. Big red flag.
Thank you and it is very true what you have said but I will never get how he can get jealous when I talk to another lad but I will stay away from.

Owl93

Owl93

Some guys of a certain age are just like that.. They see it as sexual conquests.. Real macho shit.. If he's already got a girlfriend then you should probably leave him alone.. You don't need that drama... Besides if you got together by cheating on his girlfriend.. How could you ever trust him ?

I agree with everything you have said and I would never go out with anyone who already had a gf.