• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Really need advice HELP

U

Umran196

I have a friendship group and we are all close and there are 2 girls that are best friends 1 of those girls is very aggressive towards me although we are friends i find myself in very awkward and uncomfortable situations when im with her. She always says rude jokes to me and whenever i say stop i dont like what you said to me she becomes defensive and always has to be right. She is also very hypocrytical as when i asked for some food off her she said no and i didnt really mind but when she asks me for food and i say no she starts yelling at me and forces me to give her food. I also feel left out because i feel like whenever were with the group im invisible to her. For instant she mucks around and laughs with my other friends and i just stand there awkwardly while they are laughing their heads off. everytime i comfront her about these problems and my feelings she always changes the topic wether its including someone else in the conversation or changing the actuall topic. I dont know what to do about her. HELP

S

ScrewLoose

I have a friendship group and we are all close and there are 2 girls that are best friends 1 of those girls is very aggressive towards me although we are friends i find myself in very awkward and uncomfortable situations when im with her. She always says rude jokes to me and whenever i say stop i dont like what you said to me she becomes defensive and always has to be right. She is also very hypocrytical as when i asked for some food off her she said no and i didnt really mind but when she asks me for food and i say no she starts yelling at me and forces me to give her food. I also feel left out because i feel like whenever were with the group im invisible to her. For instant she mucks around and laughs with my other friends and i just stand there awkwardly while they are laughing their heads off. everytime i comfront her about these problems and my feelings she always changes the topic wether its including someone else in the conversation or changing the actuall topic. I dont know what to do about her. HELP
Wow.. This girl doesn't seem pleasant at all. In fact, she comes across as a bit of a bully.

Personally, I would confront her and be very straight up and firm.. but I get the impression that you're intimidated by her.
So instead, could you not speak to one of your other best friends from your group and get them to ask her what the issue is? Or confront her with another friend present?

Hope you sort it out, she has no right to make you feel that way.

U

Umran196

I would confront my friend but because of her stong personality and aggressiveness it's hard to get a words across. If I went up to her with a friend she would say we were ganging up on her and turn everything back on me. Just getting a friend to talk to her without me I already know what she would say, why isn't she here can't she speak for herself.

Gajolene

Gajolene

I'm sorry your going through this with this girl, I won't refer to her as a friend because by what you've posted she isn't at all. I've had so called friends like this in the past and guaranteed it never ended well. I really believe the next time she insults you or uses you as the butt of on of her jokes. To say very assertively and directly, that this is not acceptable and not how you treat a friend. Say you deserve respect and that if she can't respect you that you have nothing more to say to her. Also that what goes around comes around, if she isn't willing to cover your tab once in a while not to expect you to cover her the next time she needs help.
Let her rant and rave, act immature all she wants, your other friends will respect you for standing up to her, and very well may have the courage to back you up as well.

People like this usually are users and very self absorbed, they always put the blame on others and not take responsibility for themselves. their world revolves around them and they will either get posessive of their percieved friends or deliberately drive wedges into others friendships. She will show her true colours, If you keep your head and stay assertive with her, not let her suck you into fights your real friends will notice admire and respect you more for it.

That is my opinion on it, good luck and huge huge hugs.