• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Really good book for bipolar son?

• Thread starter Mom in minnesota
  • Start date
M

Mom in minnesota

Can anyone offer a really good book for our son to read about being bipolar? Also one that won’t scare him. Thanx again for all your help!!

B

BlueWater

I can't recommend a book but I have watched some good videos on YouTube that are informative without being scary. Documentaries are often scary, at least to me they are.

Dr Tracey Marks has a good channel with lots of practical advice about all mental illnesses but especially bipolar. Here's just one video, but if you search her channel you'll find many videos about bipolar.

How to manage bipolar disorder - 6 Strategies - YouTube

Note: I do not have bipolar but I have a friend who does and watching Dr Marks has helped me understand her better.

M

Mom in minnesota

I can't recommend a book but I have watched some good videos on YouTube that are informative without being scary. Documentaries are often scary, at least to me they are.

Dr Tracey Marks has a good channel with lots of practical advice about all mental illnesses but especially bipolar. Here's just one video, but if you search her channel you'll find many videos about bipolar.

How to manage bipolar disorder - 6 Strategies - YouTube

Note: I do not have bipolar but I have a friend who does and watching Dr Marks has helped me understand her better.
These videos are very helpful. Thanx again!

K

keith74

I find the articles on this site really helpful: