• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Really craving a girlfriend

P

Planes508

I am 18 and never had a girlfriend and they always reject me I am not good looking enough for them and I can’t see point in living anymore

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Planes. Welcome to the forum. I can understand you wanting a girlfriend. Please do not think you not having a girlfriend is a reason to die. A lot of people at 18 have not had a single date. It is nice to have a girlfriend but it should not be the reason you live. I am wondering if there are other things going on and you feel a girlfriend would solve those?

P

Planes508

I feel like having a girlfriend would give me a reason to live and to go to work

bpd2020

bpd2020

Plane, that is not a reason to live and go to work. A girlfriend is something nice but should not be a reason to actually live. Do you want to say more about your situation?

P

Planes508

Having a girlfriend would give me so much life and make me feel like I’m wanted

bpd2020

bpd2020

I understand. It is hard not to feel wanted. I do not want you to feel you are not wanted unless you have a girlfriend. You are a person and you deserve to feel good no matter if you are single or not.

jajingna

jajingna

If it makes you feel a tiny bit better (and it probably won't), I never had a girlfriend till I was, what, 31 years old? Plenty of chances long before that though.

P

Purpleplum

If you crave a girlfriend or boyfriend, then they won't come your way. It gives off desperation and it gives off a feeling that just any girl/boy will do (that there is no specific individual in mind. People do not want to feel generic).

You have to be comfortable and confident with yourself. Then, if you are interested in a certain individual, do not seek her out because you want a girlfriend, but because of other things you like about her.

D

Dispatch

☝ this ... it’s very good advise 🙂 , be patient, work on your self confidence

jajingna

jajingna

Usually it's the more social people who meet more people, obviously, and have an easier time making friends. I guess that's hard for lots of us, but if you can get better at getting along with people, all people that is, then surely the odds of attracting a potential mate improve. It's hard if you're just thinking "I wanna gf" but you're not responding to people everywhere. This is advice I need to try..

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Sounds like you want a better self esteem? No insult intended, just seems like you want to benefit from a mutual relationship.

P

Planes508

Why are you being not nice this is a mental health forum for people who are struggling and for people to understand no women fancy me it’s fact

P

Planes508

Women don’t know I’m depressed I keep it a secret I’m just depressed about the fact they don’t fancy me I’m not good looking

P

Planes508

Nobody knows about my mental health I just want some support and someone to understand how I’m feeling and give me sympathy