• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

really bad anxiety

M

margarete1967

Founding Member
Sorry I havent been active for a while but I have been suffering from really bad anxiety.
i am so worked up that I cant sleep or eat at the mo. The thing is I actually know why I feel like this but I cant do anything about it.
I am worrying over my 19 year old son. He likes to go for a drink with friends a couple of times a week. I am so worried that he gets beaten up or stabbed that I stay up all night until he gets home. I know im being irrational and thinking the worst but the thoughts just wont leave my head.
There is no reason for me to think like this as he is such a nice lad and he would never go looking for trouble but you hear so many sad stories on the news these days.
Doctor didnt seem interested in my anxiety and just doubled my dose of prozac. Been waiting over 6 months to see a counsellor and it looks like i will be waiting a while longer.
As soon as I wake in the early hours the panic hits me and lasts all day. I hate feeling like this its so draining.
If anyone has any relaxation tecniques or ideas to put things into perspective I would be most greatful. Thanks

N

nicros

Hi, I suffer from Anxiety disorder and worry about my kids far too much but I cannot stop it either. I 'm on a low dose of venafaxine 75mg 1 per day and they stop the constant thoughts going around and around in my head.I also swear by my animals. I have 2 rescue rabbits, 2 rescue guinea pigs and a lurcher girl who has saved me from many a stressed out day. I stroke my animals and go out with my dog and spend lots of time talking and petting her, which she loves and its the only thing that makes my anxiety ease. Do you have any animals? I couldn't have managed this year without mine, :hug:me semi-sane! nicola

M

margarete1967

Founding Member
Hi Nicros,
i do love animals but i seem to go for more unusual ones. I have had fire salamandas, lizards, snakes and at the moment I have 4 chickens and 3 quails. My hubby isnt real keen on pets so he puts up with the chickens because they stay outside in their coop. The best part is the lovely fresh eggs in the morning, theyre delicious. Also I have a nest of swallows in my porch which I visit every morning. Its lovely to get up and hear them first thing. They are getting ready to fly off for the winter so I just make the most of them-im hoping they come back next year.
Anyway I am sorry you are having bad anxiety at the mo, I can honestly say I know how you feel. For me the worst part is the constant feeling in my head and not being able to do anything about it. I did have it a few years ago with a phobia of death and that was so terrifying thinking that every ailment was something serious. However I got over that after about a year and it gives me the hope that I can recover again. Just finding things so hard at the moment and have been in a bad way latley, not had any energy or anything.
Well ive gotta go and get my daughter to bed otherwise she will fall asleep and she is too heavy now to carry.
love to talk to you again- it does help
:)

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hiya

Sorry to hear that your not feeling so good at the moment. I find that it can sometimes help to write things down even if you dont show anyone

xx

N

nicros

Hi I have allways wanted a lizzard but my hubby is not keen on animals especially ones that are a bit unusual. My trouble is I find it hard to stop, I am desperate for a puppy but Marc will not let me have one. I think its because I still feel a big gap in my life even though my mum died when I was 18 and I'm now 40. I have this mad need to mother everything and find the need overwhelming at times of stress, and find I get obsessed with the idea of another animal.
I am not coping very well atm as my hubby has been off work ill since feb now and has only just had an opp. But now he has muscle damage and a trapped nerve so more time off and hospital visits. The trouble is we have no family around and we have to young kids so I end up doing everything for them all, which is taking its toll both physically and mentally, I am exhausted. And Marc will not do anything much and lays in bed most of the day even though he's been told not to. So I have become a bit resentful. We had a frank talk last night but I think he cannot be doing with me and my GAD atm, whereas when he was well he was very understanding and supportive. I don't like being relied on by all, as I worry if I'm ill I will just have to get on with it.
I too had and still do have the worry about death especially as my mum died suddenly, its become worse since I had the kids as I couldn't bare for them to go through what I did if anything happened to me. When I get really bad I stop eating anything that could give me food poisioning such as fish and meat and I keep checking sell by dates on things over again. I have even been known to go back in the bin in the middle of a meal to double check the dates. My health worker has helped me over come this slowly. I just wish I could have a break and someone would look after me atm or failing that if David Tennant lande:hug:d his tardis in my garden I would be off like a shot!!
Hope you are feeling a bit better today, sorry to ramble on love Nicola

M

margarete1967

Founding Member
Hi Nicros,
so sorry your having a bad time at the mo. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. It must be so hard for you having to take everything on without the help of your hubby. It cant be too healthy for him lying in bed all the time and not helping you out, he would probably make a swifter recovery if he did get up and help.
My hubby is pretty good about my anxiety and depression, he was once depressed himself although it was a long time ago.He is working away at the moment and so I have my mom staying with me. I hate being on my own, it scares the heck out of me. It just makes me feel safer if there is someone close by. I do have the children aged 12, 16and 19 but i dont tell them too much-im frightened that i rub off on them.
I worry far too much about the kids and I convince myself that something really bad will happen to them, especially my eldest as he has found a taste for alcohol.
keeping busy is my main way of coping with the constant thoughts yet I am always tired. It is such a horrible illness and the only thing that keeps me going is knowing i have recovered before and so i can do it again.
:hug: