Ready to kill myself

C

Candy19

My dream IS to have a co-writer :(
I think it's best if you keep practicing on writing by yourself first. Maybe you could join writing related sites so people can give you tips and proof read your work, Wattpad comes to mind, I used to use it and people were pretty friendly there.

Like I said, you can't rely on someone else to achieve your dreams

B

blipsycat

I think it's best if you keep practicing on writing by yourself first. Maybe you could join writing related sites so people can give you tips and proof read your work, Wattpad comes to mind, I used to use it and people were pretty friendly there.

Like I said, you can't rely on someone else to achieve your dreams
I tried Wattpad. Everyone hated me there. :(

And I don't see why everyone acts like this is such a controversial issue. If somebody said their dream was to get married and have kids, would everyone else say "No, you can't do that! You can't rely on other people! Just spend all day pretending to have a spouse and kids! That's just as good!" No, they wouldn't. How is this any different?

Zardos

Zardos

I tried Wattpad. Everyone hated me there...
And I don't see why everyone acts like this is such a controversial issue. If somebody said their dream was to get married and have kids, would everyone else say "No, you can't do that! You can't rely on other people! Just spend all day pretending to have a spouse and kids! That's just as good!" No, they wouldn't. How is this any different?
I don't even know how co-writing would work

C

Candy19

I tried Wattpad. Everyone hated me there. :(

Well you said yourself that it hasn't been working out, 10 years for that matter. So, I think it's time to consider other options.

I also don't see how comparing marriage/ kids to a writing talent is relevant either. One (for most people) is a natural stage of life, the other isn't

B

blipsycat

Well you said yourself that it hasn't been working out, 10 years for that matter. So, I think it's time to consider other options.

I also don't see how comparing marriage/ kids to a writing talent is relevant either. One (for most people) is a natural stage of life, the other isn't
It's a desire to meet another person, create something (whether it be a story or a home) with them together, and turn that thing into something great. Sounds pretty similar to me.

C

Candy19

It's a desire to meet another person, create something (whether it be a story or a home) with them together, and turn that thing into something great. Sounds pretty similar to me.
With marriage and kids it takes two people, with writing you only need one person, which is why I've been suggesting for you to practice, you've said yourself many times that looking for a co writer hasn't been working which is why myself and others have been stepping in to give you advice on the other pathways you can take.
Yet you aren't taking any of it in, instead you are just twisting everything we say to suit you and making excuses as to why you believe you are incapable of doing it yourself

B

blipsycat

With marriage and kids it takes two people, with writing you only need one person, which is why I've been suggesting for you to practice, you've said yourself many times that looking for a co writer hasn't been working which is why myself and others have been stepping in to give you advice on the other pathways you can take.
Yet you aren't taking any of it in, instead you are just twisting everything we say to suit you and making excuses as to why you believe you are incapable of doing it yourself
So do you hate me now?

bluekii

bluekii

This thread has been an absolute roller coaster of a ride and I'd like to put my two cents in;

Firstly. Thank you to everyone who has tried to help out, it's really nice of you to take time and try and help blipsycat despite his attitude.

Secondly, blipsycat. You need to stop spitting everyone's words back out and saying to everyone that they hate you just because they say something that you don't agree with or do not like. That's not going to want anyone to help you with that attitude, The truth hurts, but Melodiousa speaks sense. You need to help yourself. Get yourself better before starting on this dream of yours, otherwise you'll never be able to achieve it with your current mindset.

Seek professional help, or even seek advice here, on these forums. You don't have to feel this way.
Look, people will help each other and support one another but if you aren't willing to help yourself, you end up losing people, they eventually give up on you. Take this from someone who has had experience from people leaving due to ignoring advice and not seeking help.
Because in the end, you can't have your hand held through everything, everyone has their own lives to tend to. But that doesn't mean you are alone, it just means we cannot control and give you what you want. Only you have the power to do that. We can support you and give you advice but we cannot literally give you what you want.