Reading threads and feeling bad

C

Combo1x

Hi everyone,
just joined this forum today, started reading some threads and responded to two. When reading I imagined what OPs were feeling.
From feeling good I quickly went to feeling bad.
It just came to my mind... Was that just another form of exposure? I thought I'm over this... Thanks a lot... I'm two months into anxiety and I'm still learning my ways... Have a nice day!

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

that sounds like emeshing to me where you seem to be connected to the other. not a healthy thing really but you realise that as its affecting you. do you have difficulty communicating with people? are there things you can do to help with this? it takes a while to change a habit.

maybe a good idea to stop doing this start to reduce it is what i would suggest.

C

Combo1x

Thanks Blacksmoke for the answer. Yea, I think I'm too empathic at times... That's where my anxiety shifted - from worry about me health and anxiety getting better to being anxious about my wife wellbeing and health. I'm on the edge since monday, when she had a panic attack due to medication she took for the first time on some pain. I managed to comfort her and it never went back and I'm not even scared of it anymore but after that it just came crushing down one me again.
I'm two months into medication and psychotherapy, I can work, I eat etc, but I hate it just got worse again... I'm thinking about the anxiety persisting again, about her health...
After I wrote first post in this thread yesterday, I got to feel better and went to the mall, wanted to cook dinner but cut a piece off my finger by accident (nothing serious, not pretty though) and felt like passing out because of blood or something. That happened to me before my first panic attack before Christmas.
Also my memory got worse again lately, especially in the evening... Are these lapses common? Thank you if you read this fare, wish everybody a nice day! :)

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

We can second guess everyone and when we do its most likely to do with our own insecurity of being ok as we are. Start to actually ask people questions rather than trying to read them.

That must have been very stressful. I hope that the doctor has been helpful to get her back on track again with readjusting her medication.

Sounds like you need to maybe structure some calmness in your life a time of doing something that is nothing …not worrying about the medication and cooking for a short while. like go for a nice walk, cloud watching is very relaxing. Its great just to do nothing, just for a short while to counteract the busy and stressful life that you are living.

Constant stress will affect our memories which is why I mention the above. we need to knock our minds out of gear for a little while go on a walk and just enjoy the simplicity of life we all make it so so complicated.

N

natalie

I was goin go support and give advice, the late week when I saw, this, I couldn't manage to post;

I always take long breaks from MHF. I always go and do something different instead. If anyone from Britain, in or on MHF would remember the series, Why Don't You? This is where I took the idea, what I just put from; now, I always always whilst logged out, of MHF, do my fitness workouts, hopefully, and in the main, listen to musicals and music and knitting. I go out shopping or out to volunteer.

i never do spend too much time, logged into MHF, because for one thing, anyway, if I could say, I could become very much glued, to my screen, and that's not very healthy, and also, allows much more time, for brand new Posts to be uploaded, under New Posts, I realised that one, a long time ago.

I hope this might help.

M

MT1

Hi everyone,
just joined this forum today, started reading some threads and responded to two. When reading I imagined what OPs were feeling.
It just came to my mind... Was that just another form of exposure? I thought I'm over this... Thanks a lot... I'm two months into anxiety and I'm still learning my ways... Have a nice day!
Thanks for sharing your thought about the forums. This form can help you to get knowledge of a variety of mental problems. You can take this form as a source of information and every opinion is different based on personal experiences. If you get something that helps you to manage your anxiety keeps it posting.

SmileChance

SmileChance

anxiety can have a contagious sort of effect unfortunately, please limit the amount you are reading (that's what I would recommend)

M

MT1

Hi everyone,
this sounds good , that you are finding your way, by connecting with people, start sharing your issues freely,i wish you all the best for a healthy life