• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Reading and depression: An ultimatum

K

Kayaker

Former member
I will not let my depression kill my interest for reading. One of my few interests in life is philosophy, and I can't give up on my trail to be a philosopher and teacher.
I promise, that I will read. Even if I have to read 100 words PER HOUR. I WILL READ.
Don't let your depression dictate what you can or can't do. I don't care if it's slowly, but I will do it. I don't care if the next person reads a book in a day. I will read at my pace and I won't give up on life because depression is making it worse... I will stick around for a while longer!

F

Frankum35

I keep on hanging on because people at home count on me and I want to succeed in my career. The lows are tough but I want to live.

P

Pollypop

I will not let my depression kill my interest for reading. One of my few interests in life is philosophy, and I can't give up on my trail to be a philosopher and teacher.
I promise, that I will read. Even if I have to read 100 words PER HOUR. I WILL READ.
Don't let your depression dictate what you can or can't do. I don't care if it's slowly, but I will do it. I don't care if the next person reads a book in a day. I will read at my pace and I won't give up on life because depression is making it worse... I will stick around for a while longer!
I think you have already reached the status of philosopher.
I hope you fulfil the position of teacher.