re. welfare reform tory/lib dem coalition

Erme

Erme

Founding Member
Just heard about this on the radio this am...Apparently it's 'all' in the conservative manifesto...well I found it just now - it's here) and kind of vague on incapacity....

I don't think for folk that haven't been affected by Labours shenanigans of Welfare reform it's anything to worry about for a few months. I like the prospect of 'if you can't find a job you have to do community work' because with day care becoming non existant in many parts it's good to get out of the house once a day....

I also think you're best safety net (mental health speaking - sorry tis all I know about) is having a CPN/Social Worker and consultant and making sure you get regular appointments regardless. The ones who this will first hit will be the ones with neither of the above...

Keep a diary of your illness....good days/bad days and make friends with the local welfare rights/CAB ppl like soonish (cos they're going to get mobbed!). I'd write like you do to a friend or how you post on a message board...Use it to rant if you need to..

These are all back ups for the genuinely ill and reassurances... This is not to be taken as a way to 'cheat the system' because you can't fake mental illness (tried in my teens...back fired when I got genuinely ill and couldn't get treatment as a result - not wise! Had to suffer psychosis for over 5 years untreated. It's taken me 15 years to get to this contented place and I'm not 100% yet! and yes, I still get abuse off the professionals and public alike but that's life...). Money is not everything....Having enough to eat (my current food budget for a single adult is about £10 a week, max £15. I eat fine on that) and clothes (charity shops/freecycle/make your own) and heating in the winter is all one needs plus positive activity.

I was set for a high flying career in my teens till it all came tumbling down. Now all I want by this time next year is a retail counter assistant job - just enough to pay the bills and put a little aside for a rainy day. That would suit me just fine

Anyhow thought I should post this for ppl worried..

Erme

Erme

Founding Member
Just heard from Anne Begg.....

It has just been announced that Aberdeen has been chosen as a test area for moving people from IB to ESA. This will begin in October so everyone on IB in Aberdeen can expect to have to go through the ESA medical at some point after that.

The reassessment of people on DLA won't begin until 2012 I think - although it will take some time to get around to everyone. They hope to save a billion pounds out of the DLA budget by 2014 so you can draw your own conclusions.

Anymore info I will keep you posted...

E

D

DELATEXT

The government are using us as test subjects yet again !!
you need any information on esa or dla appeals please contact me

S

shywolf

waiting on esa decision

I am worried I may lose ESA had a home visit by Dr on Monday was very nervous he asked lots of questions I just hope he was not told to cut my benefits by his boss.I have a feeling the goverment are desperate to cull the numbers in 2017 and many with mental health issues will suffer.

S

shywolf

Thankfully I am still on ESA worried about this new universal credit though if it is going to replace ESA Jeremy Corbyn thinks it cruel and is making things worse for people maybe some tough times ahead.:panic:

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

ive worked universal credit out-i am probably never going to work so i will get less money-if you can work in the future you get more

and housing benefit doesn't cover all my rent so i will lose about £45 a week-i hate them x

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
was hoping my savings would last me to pension age but now they're investigating them, just sent account statement in with gps sick note saying schitzoprenia, i may now worry it'll depend on what the clarks views on schitzoprenia are whether to make the mass murderer suffer or help a deserving case

it was new labour that started the benefit reforms, pournelle labour benefit minister said he'd stigmatise those on benefits, new labour an apology would go a long way with me

Last edited:
Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

was hoping my savings would last me to pension age but now they're investigating them, just sent account statement in with gps sick note saying schitzoprenia, i may now worry it'll depend on what the clarks views on schitzoprenia are whether to make the mass murderer suffer or help a deserving case

it was new labour that started the benefit reforms, pournelle labour benefit minister said he'd stigmatise those on benefits, new labour an apology would go a long way with me
i hope it will be alright ,im sure it will be x

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
they have their rules and boxes to tick under goverment rules publicly popular for giving scroungers a hard time, if i fit certain boxes they don't have much leeway even with a gps note, and them considering me deserving, there isn't a regulation for that