• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Re: My Partners GSCC Case Update

E

Eng65

Founding Member
Re: My Partners GSCC Case Update

My partner’s case was recently or apparently heard by the GSCC Preliminary Proceedings Committee. They came to the decision that there was no misconduct by the said Social Workers. This is an insult, but I knew this might happen. You can now understand what you are up against. However all is not lost, because the people who are helping knew as well this would most probably be the case. They were waiting on their on the decision anyway. This will now start up after Christmas. What they did to my partner would turn most over in revolt; she lost her baby son to adoption, because of it. But you now see what happens to Women and families with mental health. I understand this is a difficult subject to talk about, but it is happening in every town and city in across the UK.
Tony Blair brought this about back in 2002. Social Service departments get sweeteners from the Government if they reach a target. Yes that’s right babies are remove from Mums with problems, mainly mental health and placed for adoption. Yes this is England in what will soon be 2008. Perhaps you know someone, or it has happened to you. What does it mean it means that babies are given over to complete strangers, and not seen again. Not until the child turns 18 and starts to look for their birth parents. There are lots of concerned people out there, who are fighting to make change to what is going on. We all need to stand together and support one another with this one. My partner did not deserve what happened to her, it was abuse at the highest level, but those who do this get away with it time after time. My partner was upset yes she was by the GSCC.
But despite her problems she knows I will stick by her no matter what, along with those already involved. She wants justice for what happened to her and her son, so do a lot of families.

Happy Christmas,

From Eng65

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Heavy stuff Eng65. I've just read this post during a break in some writing. I was actually adopted, not fully sure of the circumstances surrounding the adoption, its all a bit vague, happened just after I was born (i.e. ten days). I do know that my mother also suffered from mental illness. To be honest its quite suprising how similar we are; we met in the mid nineties when I was in my mid twenties. Ironically we were both homeless on the streets of London suffering mental health issues at the same time despite her being from Manchester and I having been raised in the NW. When I eventually tracked her down she was in a flat in Peckham and we eventually met during my time as an in patient in a private hospital (no beds in the public sector) in North London. The meeting was strange to say the least. All I can say is that had I known my mother and grown up seeing her troubles I may have been minded to stay away from substances which are considered by all, familial and professional, to have played a substantial factor in the onset of my psychotic episodes.

Hope all turns out for the best this coming year mate...

E

Eng65

Founding Member
In the childs best interest.

In the Childs best interest
Lump to my throat mate.

There are social workers who do a good job, and do genuinely care. They are the ones who go out of their way to keep families together. They do this because they know the importance of family. On the other hand you get the more sinister type, who have hidden agendas, about who should, and who should not have. The other type is in it for the Bunce. Social Services work hand in hand with Solicitors Barristers, and a vast amount of other so called professionals. An adoption generates big Bunce for all involved. All are entwined in one way or another. It is an industry I am sad to say, you only have to look on the Social Services web site to see what I mean. The easy target for them is women with difficulties. It is not a crime if you can’t cope; it is also the same if you have mental health. Nothing on this earth will ever break the bond between mother her and child. I was pleased that you did eventually find your mum, and I was just wondering if you are still in contact with her if you do not mind me asking?

Regards,

Eng65

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Not at the moment, but my kids ask about her so we will have to try and track her down again. As you can imagine that's not always easy. She's met our two oldest, but has never seen the sprog. Maybe a mission for 2008...

:)

E

Eng65

Founding Member
That woukd be great for them. Thanks for being so open about this subject, it must still be difficult for you.

Regards Respect
Eng65

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
That woukd be great for them. Thanks for being so open about this subject, it must still be difficult for you.

Regards Respect
Eng65
Not as hard as being right in the middle of it... :hug: