• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Re: my partner doesn't understand nor help.

B

bonnibell

It has been 3 hours since I last posted on here and talked to my partner. They finally picked up my call 3 hours ago where I cried and told them I was starting a panic attack. They were with our mutual friend and kind of played the situation off. Now, these three hours without any contact with them have felt like HELL. I have never felt this type of sadness, anxiety and heartbreak? I don't know. I can't sleep, eat or do anything, I am so scared.

They were only supposed to go for a walk ALONE for about 30 minutes and it has been 5 hours and they're with someone else...Whom I don't trust. We were supposed to spend the day together since it has been a few days and they never came home...They never walked home or tried to calm me down. I feel like I'm losing control of myself. My partner has done this multiple times. I contacted a relative to them and they told me "to not be worried". I have tried everything from taking a walk, watching videos on youtube and taking a bath. But I am so scared. I am so lost, why don't they care? Am I the one who's wrong?

I am sorry for once again writing on here, I am just lost!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Sadly we have to look after ourselves

C

Cat7563

It has been 3 hours since I last posted on here and talked to my partner. They finally picked up my call 3 hours ago where I cried and told them I was starting a panic attack. They were with our mutual friend and kind of played the situation off. Now, these three hours without any contact with them have felt like HELL. I have never felt this type of sadness, anxiety and heartbreak? I don't know. I can't sleep, eat or do anything, I am so scared.

They were only supposed to go for a walk ALONE for about 30 minutes and it has been 5 hours and they're with someone else...Whom I don't trust. We were supposed to spend the day together since it has been a few days and they never came home...They never walked home or tried to calm me down. I feel like I'm losing control of myself. My partner has done this multiple times. I contacted a relative to them and they told me "to not be worried". I have tried everything from taking a walk, watching videos on youtube and taking a bath. But I am so scared. I am so lost, why don't they care? Am I the one who's wrong?

Hi, this my first post/reply. I read both your posts. I dont know you or the specifics of your relationship, from what you said I have to agree with others in saying you might be in a toxic relationship. I really think both of them insulting you is cool. He should always defend you.
I was diagnosed around the same time that I got with My husband. My husband of 20 years was not always so understanding. I know that you said that he knows you're bipolar and have PTSD. Does he know what they actually are. My husband would call me lazy or crazy, bugged out depending on my highs or lows. I couldnt get him to understand and it would send me into fits. Id cry and sob and beat myself but I could not express myself clearly, get my point across cause I'd try to do it during an episode cause that's when the problem arose. I mean who wouldnt yell back or run away from that chaos. I asked him to go with me to my psych and he did. When he heard what id been screaming for 2 years from a calm level headed professional it became real to him. It wasnt over night but over time he learned how to deal with my craziness (for lack of a better word) he researched on his own. I was impressed.
Now it's wonderful he's sees an episode coming before I do. Again weve been together 20 years. Maybe you could suggest he learn about your mental illness. If he cares he will.
You really need to think about if you want to go down this long road with him. Everyone deserves to be respected. I know being alone is scary but you learn so much about yourself and your self worth. I'm sure if this doesn't work out you'll find the caring, understanding person you deserve.