• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

re living

P

Polar Bear

A big problem for me. My daughter is at her nana's and I am laying I bed re living my life basically. Non stop images of the past. Unimportant things. If I have a busy day with lots of interaction then that evening my head is buzzing with the conversations of the day. I've always been like this. A bipolar problem?

Lamictal I have read can stop re living after a month. I'm almost there.

Silver

Silver

I take lamictal also. I've been on it for a long time and have found it to stop me thinking about my bad past. I had a bad time with my ex husband, i was going through a bad phase of my bipolar disorder but also he was an unpleasant man. I feel like i have moved on from a lot of that now. I have found a bit of peace and am able to live life much more peacefully and without so much stress.

krista

krista

I'm not on lamictal any more, but I used to be for years.

but I relive my past mistakes all the time. be those recent or long time ago... I don't know the solution to this problem :(

but you take care!

Silver

Silver

Is it just a matter of time Krista? I do think the lamictal helps though. My psychiatrist said it is often prescribed for PTSD, which i don't have, but that this meant it was good at preventing reliving of the past. I wonder if it i a bipolar 'thing'. Too many thoughts circling around your mind, processing the day and days past. That used to happen a lot, now less so, usually only when i have really busy big family days.

Silver

Silver

Sorry me again, why Krista did you stop taking it?

krista

krista

Oh, it's a long story how I stopped lamictal. let's just say I was young and foolish, did stuff and now I have a different doctor and am on different medications. but I will admit that lamical was a very good medication for me for a long time.

I don't think it's just a bipolar thing. but I can't know what goes on in other people's minds.