• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Rational suicide

P

Pointlessmale

Hello

I'm a guy who had severe body image problems growing up I've aways been small and skinny, narrow shoulders and not very masculine in appearance. In addition I have low testosterone and a physical problem problem downstairs that cannot be improved with treatment. These only added to my low self esteem and body image issues.

I avoided relationships completely until I was 28 but have been in one for just over 3 years. Now she's leaving and it's all come crashing down due to my physical problems. There's nothing I can do about these physical issues so Once again my body has ruined my life.

I'm 32 have no friends and basically no one to provide any support. I've always had difficulty making and maintaining friends. She was my lover and best friend now I'm completely alone.

I never asked to be born and especially to be born with physical, hormonal defects that render a normal happy life all but impossible. Who would choose to exist as such an inadequate person. Sometimes I feel like ending my life is a good, logical and sensible thing to do. I'm sick of this existence

PetitPois

PetitPois

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Pointlessmale, welcome to the forum :)

So your break up with your girlfriend has just happened? Or is in the middle of happening? I'm really sorry. A relationship breakdown is so painful. I am not surprised you feel so low right now. It must be making all of your insecurities and things you have struggled with much worse right now.

I think when we lose a significant other in our life we go through a grieving process, and it puts us in a dark place for a while. But you did have a relationship for 3yrs, so there is no reason to think you won't meet someone in the future if that is what you want.

But right now you are being so hard on yourself. You come across as a nice guy and I really am sorry you feel so bad about yourself.

I am glad you joined the forum, it is a great place to talk about stuff we otherwise keep bottled up :hug:

I

Imnewtodepression

Hello

I'm a guy who had severe body image problems growing up I've aways been small and skinny, narrow shoulders and not very masculine in appearance. In addition I have low testosterone and a physical problem problem downstairs that cannot be improved with treatment. These only added to my low self esteem and body image issues.

I avoided relationships completely until I was 28 but have been in one for just over 3 years. Now she's leaving and it's all come crashing down due to my physical problems. There's nothing I can do about these physical issues so Once again my body has ruined my life.

I'm 32 have no friends and basically no one to provide any support. I've always had difficulty making and maintaining friends. She was my lover and best friend now I'm completely alone.

I never asked to be born and especially to be born with physical, hormonal defects that render a normal happy life all but impossible. Who would choose to exist as such an inadequate person. Sometimes I feel like ending my life is a good, logical and sensible thing to do. I'm sick of this existence
Even with your condition you have achieved so much, never give up. You have many years ahead of you

P

Pointlessmale

Hi Pointlessmale, welcome to the forum :)

So your break up with your girlfriend has just happened? Or is in the middle of happening? I'm really sorry. A relationship breakdown is so painful. I am not surprised you feel so low right now. It must be making all of your insecurities and things you have struggled with much worse right now.

I think when we lose a significant other in our life we go through a grieving process, and it puts us in a dark place for a while. But you did have a relationship for 3yrs, so there is no reason to think you won't meet someone in the future if that is what you want.

But right now you are being so hard on yourself. You come across as a nice guy and I really am sorry you feel so bad about yourself.

I am glad you joined the forum, it is a great place to talk about stuff we otherwise keep bottled up :hug:

There probably wouldn't be much point meeting anyone else since my problems are likley to create the same result again.

The truth is natural selection would've taken care of me already if it wasn't for our modern lifestyle I'm a person who should have died before reaching adulthood I'm not supposed to be successful and pass on my genes.

From a purely logical point of view my life is completely pointless and adds no value to the world, I didn't ask for it and I resent having to suffer through it.

irwin

irwin

There probably wouldn't be much point meeting anyone else since my problems are likley to create the same result again.

The truth is natural selection would've taken care of me already if it wasn't for our modern lifestyle I'm a person who should have died before reaching adulthood I'm not supposed to be successful and pass on my genes.

From a purely logical point of view my life is completely pointless and adds no value to the world, I didn't ask for it and I resent having to suffer through it.
Yeah, I feel like that sometimes, too. It's like, why bother. My favorite activity is sleeping. I don't even enjoy getting drunk anymore.