• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Rant

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Bl**dy hospital. :mad: Went down today for a meds review, arranged last Tue (24th) for 1/12. Had a letter couple of days later postponing to 3/12, apologies that the nurse I've been seeing wouldn't be available to be with me, as was originally planned for the 1st. Go down today, oh that doctor isn't with us any more, you should have had a letter. Receptionist checks computer. No letter, other 2 patients have had letter. New appointment made for 10th but they hadn't told me. We're going away for a couple of days on 10th (ok that's not their fault but if they'd contacted me I could have told them). At that point, I get upset & start crying. They can't get someone else to see me cos there was no other doctor on the premises, next appointment's middle of January.

So, I'm left with no meds review and no further appointment with the nurse, tho they have left a message for her to ring me on Monday. Surely they knew last week that the doctor was going to be leaving? My nurse actually went and spoke to the doc to brief him on my case as she couldn't be there. I feel so let down and am floundering a bit. I don't think my GP is able to prescribe the type of extra meds they are thinking of giving me.

Some mental health service, huh?

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Nightmare - I hate when things like that happen. It is very upsetting when you have psyched yourself up for an appointment. Maybe call your GP and see if they can help at all (maybe them hassling the hospital might have more results?). Take care :hug: