• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Random hypomania occuring at weird times? Whats going on :s

?

>.<

Ok well I'm not *COMPLETELEY* sure I have bipolar, my doctors disagree, 2 say I have, but my community pdoc and psychologists think it's more likely unipolar depression, because they've never seen my manic or hypomanic. However, I'm pretty sure I have been hypomanic several times, and have had one episode of mania (ended in me crashing down, trying to kill myself and getting a lovely 2 month stay in hospital).

Anyway, I've been feeling depressed for about 8 months urgh. But at random times, I keep getting what I can only describe as "headrushes". All my thoughts go fast, I get this AMAZING swooping feeling, I start moving really quick and talking fast it's like I get a sudden rush of energy. Almost all my depression goes away and I feel invincible and like I can do anything. Sometimes I do stupid things, and I plan stupid things to do, e.g running away, putting myself in bad situations etc.

It's like when I was hypomanic...EXCEPT it only lasts about half an hour then it goes! This is why I'm unsure as to what it is :unsure: before, I would be hypomanic for hours or days, longest was over a week.

Anyone know whats happening? I'm not on any meds or anything and I'm not doing anything differently. Its happening as I'm writing this :unsure:

getting better

getting better

Sounds like Bipolar to me. Maybe best to have a word with your Dr, he should be able to prescribe something to help.

emski

emski

Rapid mood changes? Not sure, worth mentioning next time you have an appointment, especially if it is happening frequently.

I absolutely love your signature by the way (y)

?

>.<

Yeah I'll talk to my doc about it, it's really strange, it's never happened like this before, I'm kind of worried :unsure: Emski, thanks btw :D

emski

emski

Try not to worry :hug: all you can do is try and ride it out

?

>.<

thanks :) I guess it's all part of the unpredictability of bipolar :(

getting better

getting better

It's definitely unpredictable. I can go from high to low and vice versa in seconds. Sometimes lasts for days, sometimes lasts for minutes.

?

>.<

Yeah it is :\ I wish I knew for sure what was wrong with me, I can't tell if im hypomanic or just not depressed :unsure: