• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Random feelings

A

AngryBird21

I am either being impulsive and making the wrong decisions or overthinking and killing myself over the stress of it.

How do people find a balance?!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Impulsive or procrastination?
I think somewhere in between is going to be best. I find it hard myself.

What sort of decisions?

miss_sensitivity

miss_sensitivity

I can't give you the answer for balance unfortunately, but what has helped me is a LOT of therapy (with a good counsellor) who firstly helped me to understand the root of my anxieties and thought patterns. Through these understandings I've been able to apply tools such as acknowledgement and self-talk, journalling, meditation, DBT tools... they're things that on the surface might not seem all that helpful or wishy-washy suggestions but for me, when I apply them in conjunction with what I've learned in my counselling sessions, it has really made a difference. Hope you find what works for you x

A

AngryBird21

Impulsive or procrastination?
I think somewhere in between is going to be best. I find it hard myself.

What sort of decisions?
Like shopping impulsively or just taking the car out one sudden day and driving my way for 50+ kms even though I still have just a learner's licence and have never driven for so long before.
Giving myself a hair cut which drastically changes my looks.

And other times I procrastinate when I am anxious about something like filling up the Statement of Purpose for a certain University etc.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Are you able to speak with a counsellor or psychologist about how you feel? or a friend or family member?

Is life stressful?

I don't think you should risk losing your drivers licence because that will affect you working and studying possibilities in the future. It is quite reckless. You could read a bit more about recklessness and see if that is a good description of what you are feeling.

I hope you feel better soon and find some support.
Take it easy, rest, have only positive people around you who care about you and support you
Take good care of yourself

A

AngryBird21

Are you able to speak with a counsellor or psychologist about how you feel? or a friend or family member?

Is life stressful?

I don't think you should risk losing your drivers licence because that will affect you working and studying possibilities in the future. It is quite reckless. You could read a bit more about recklessness and see if that is a good description of what you are feeling.

I hope you feel better soon and find some support.
Take it easy, rest, have only positive people around you who care about you and support you
Take good care of yourself
I used to go for counselling offered by my college but I couldn't really connect with the counselor, I tried to share my heart out but I just couldn't. I kept trying for a while but I never got comfortable.

It's not just something I feel difficult to do with counselors. As a teenager I used to be able to open up pretty good, in fact there was nothing that the people close to me didn't know about me and my mom was my best friend growing up so I could share pretty much everything.

But then I had some bad experiences, people misused my trust. And now even though I have friends I find it incredibly difficult to open up. Maybe I realised somewhere that this is leading to more frustration building up and hence looked for a forum where I can share anonymously.

As for mom, I just don't want her to get worried about me too much and some of the things that I feel, if I tell her, it's just gonna hurt her so I grew a bit distant there too.

Thank you for your support and kindness. I hope I don't run out of that. :)

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I have shut down a lot myself for similar reasons, people can be cruel sometimes.

Thinking things through to yourself is good too. Slowly you will get there but be careful in the meantime.

Keeping life as stress free as possible and looking after your health is important.

Sometimes just having coffee with someone, like your mum :) is comforting, you don't have to speak.