• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Random earworms, phrases, quotes, sounds on loop anyone?

A

anishabux87

Hi guys preety sure i already posted about something similar, does anyone here experience constant songs on loop, catchy phrases you've heard on tv or heard someone say, random words and sounds etc and theyre very repetitive and on loop as and when? Sometimes i feel like im hearing things!

Looking to hear from anyone xx

JessisMe

JessisMe

Yes I dont literally hear them but often lately I will “hear” the same song playing over and over in my mind, especially when I am out walking. I told my therapist about it and he told me that it was an ear worm and not to worry about it. xo, j

A

anishabux87

Oh yes im aware they're in my head if that's what you mean? And not externally

JessisMe

JessisMe

Oh yes im aware they're in my head if that's what you mean? And not externally
In my case they are usually really old songs that I don’t like much. It’s really irritating. Therapist didn’t offer any solutions and didn’t seem to care.

A

anishabux87

I guess we have to accept them, i have jason derrulo in my head atm lol

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I used to have sounds? and things repeat? in my head. Not so much now or at all ( i think).

A

anishabux87

I used to have sounds? and things repeat? in my head. Not so much now or at all ( i think).
Lol yes its annoying at times, i have certain words or things people have said repeat in my head at random intervals. Could be anything really but always repeats itself

M

meercake

OMG yes - I read street signs or slogans and repeat them in my head endlessly. Sometimes I’ll notice I’m repeating something that I have no recollection of reading and I’ll wonder where on earth I saw it. I find this really irritating.

A

anishabux87

OMG yes - I read street signs or slogans and repeat them in my head endlessly. Sometimes I’ll notice I’m repeating something that I have no recollection of reading and I’ll wonder where on earth I saw it. I find this really irritating.
Yes! My mind does this also x

jajingna

jajingna

Happens to me a lot these days. I'm obsessive anyway, so it doesn't surprise me that this happens. Sometimes it's just gibberish. Happens more when tired or stressed. Weird thing is sometimes it's my own writing. Wrote some poems that my mind has turned into songs, so it's sort of entertaining, but over and over.. especially when it's stuck on one phrase.. oh well.

A

anishabux87

Happens to me a lot these days. I'm obsessive anyway, so it doesn't surprise me that this happens. Sometimes it's just gibberish. Happens more when tired or stressed. Weird thing is sometimes it's my own writing. Wrote some poems that my mind has turned into songs, so it's sort of entertaining, but over and over.. especially when it's stuck on one phrase.. oh well.
🤣🤣🤣 I completely get what you're saying,I have all kinds of random things repeating, I've just learnt to observe not respond and just get back to whatever I'm doing. Being the observer of my mind because at the end of the day we dont produce the thoughts our mind does x

h24

h24

I remember as a kid, I had this image my mom saying gibberish. I can recall image but not the random words. They changed to other stuff in highschool, like fears and actual sentences