Rain Rain Go Away

valleygirl

valleygirl

One storm after another sweeping in off the coast of Vancouver dumping huge amounts of rain, and I am longing for a week of sunshine. The wet, gloomy skies are bringing me down. I've been doing better lately, actually had a couple of good weeks of not feeling depressed, but this weather is making me feel irritable and depressed. I don't feel like doing anything today except go back to bed. I don't even feel like doing my Zen doodling, which I was finding so therapeutic and fun.

N

natalie

Hi Valleygirl,

I am sorry to hear about the present spell of weather, at Vancouver. I know exactly how you are feeling, I can understand, that, overhere in London, uK, we have had wet weather too, and also, with my bipolar kicking, in slightly in advance of the wet weather, I can always sense, when we'll have rain, apart from checking the forcasts, and my problems of general skin condition psroasis will kick in, I am highly irritible, and then nearing though not that bad, to severe irritiblity I'll call it, and gradually, when I can get to the thought of taking my antidepressant for another and different set of problems, within me, I am then feeling easier, after a couple of hours. Currently, as I far as I know, we're just in for cloudy days coming up, so that's not too bad, yes, you are right, and I also feel for sunshine, really does make all that much difference for wellbeing in general and also mental health.

I have funnily enough, have just done a workout, so that's lifted me up and given me much more of a booster, of de-stressing.

I am hoping for you that you'll have the blue skies and sunshine, very shortly.

How about if you could feel to listen or watch music, that might feel to help?

I always find, that even on dull, wet days, music is a great reliever.

valleygirl

valleygirl

Thanks Natalie. I have 2 lamps in my living room with full spectrum lightbulbs, and I am listening to classical music on CBC Radio 2. I know it would be good for me to work out, but I can't bear the thought of being on a treadmill in a gym with what feels like everyone staring at my fat ass, bulging stomach, and nasty SH scars on my arms. Tomorrow we are supposed to see a bit of sun, so I will make sure to get out for a nice long walk, and then the forecast is rain, rain, rain and more rain, and possibly some wet flurries. I'm trying to get into some of my zen doodling even though I don't feel like it.

C

Christobel

I'm longing for some crisp, sunny real December weather. This damp, mild air really gets me down and any amount of venlafaxine can't make it any better!

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Thanks Natalie. I have 2 lamps in my living room with full spectrum lightbulbs, and I am listening to classical music on CBC Radio 2. I know it would be good for me to work out, but I can't bear the thought of being on a treadmill in a gym with what feels like everyone staring at my fat ass, bulging stomach, and nasty SH scars on my arms. Tomorrow we are supposed to see a bit of sun, so I will make sure to get out for a nice long walk, and then the forecast is rain, rain, rain and more rain, and possibly some wet flurries. I'm trying to get into some of my zen doodling even though I don't feel like it.
I knew a girl who started going to gym and lost weight in hardly any time because she worked out

no one stares

almost EVERYONE in that place is looking in the mirror

Not just for vanitys sake, but when you work out it takes quite a bit of concentration

Advanced gym junkies enter a zen like state

they will barely notice your presence let alone your scars

(hugs) to you

I wish folk new this about the Gym - I was scared of it for so many years - long story but Olivia Newton John in lycra had something to do with it

When I finally crept through the door, NO ONE even noticed me

and NO ONE looks like Olivia Newton John...!

LOL

Think about it - a Gym is a Temple to Self

Everyone is obsessed with how they themselves are

Not anyone else!

Last edited by a moderator:
N

natalie

Hi Valleygirl,

I'm just wondering how the weather is now, off the coast of Vancouver, has the weather in any way improved at all, and how are you? Are you feeling slightly better now?

Natalie.

valleygirl

valleygirl

Today we have a one day break from the gloom and rain, so I am going to make sure I get out for a walk today. Then the forecast is back to rain, rain, rain. Thanks for asking.