• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Rage

G

gothicminx

Does anyone else experience horrible rage? Sometimes I get so angry I feel like my nose is about to bleed.

megirl

megirl

I get into a rage sometimes over nothing. Todays example: I rang my husband on his cellphone this morning and because he couldnt immediately answer his phone I was so angry I was shaking. It was like why the fuck cant you just hurry up and pick up your damn phone?
Apparantly this is part of bipolar?

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

I too suffer from this though thankfully not often. It is horrid as you can really loose your temper over the silliest thing. I then feel so guilty afterwards it usually sends me into a spiral of depression.

If you google search Bipolar Rage you will find a lot on the subject.

A

angel10

I've (not recently) hit a very close friend because of my rage. :cry: Its happened a couple of times :cry: But fingers crossed not for about 6/7 years so i'm hoping it diesn't come back.

D

Deremna

I once threw an Xbox 360 remote at my boyfriend's head because I misheard him. I thought he said he was flirting with someone when in reality he said "I'm not working tomorrow." Luckily, it did not contact as I have bad aim.

I also broke a hole in my closet door when I chucked a hair brush at it. I throw things in my rages. I threw a glass at my feet for something I can't even remember. It shattered but thankfully avoided hitting my boyfriend or our cat. I think it was over something ridiculous, it usually is.

Hmm. I forgot all about that glass until right now.

G

gothicminx

It's awful isn't it? Sometimes I feel completely out of control. For example, if I stub my toe on something, sometimes I end up hitting it and throwing it and my head feels like it's going to explode.

If I'm angry at myself I often end up SHing. I hate it.

D

Deremna

It's awful isn't it? Sometimes I feel completely out of control. For example, if I stub my toe on something, sometimes I end up hitting it and throwing it and my head feels like it's going to explode.

If I'm angry at myself I often end up SHing. I hate it.

!!!!!!! Oh my god, I am so guilty of completely freaking out if I stub my toe or bang my arm on something. It normally ends with me hitting whatever hit me in the first place, which is often hard and hurt my hand.

So nice to know I'm not the only person who does this. My boyfriend just stops and looks at me when I walk into something cos he knows the freak out will commence.

E

exl2398

I went into a rage a little over two weeks ago where I hit my father in the face and chest and punched the wall a couple of times. Rage sucks.

G

gothicminx

No, you're not alone in that at all. My fiancé does the same thing.

Sometimes if I rage it can induce a panic attack as my body is still used to misinterpreting the signals.

S

starfish

rages

i went into rages when i was younger (im 55 now) at that time of the month, (sorry guys) and was totally out of control. i still feel so guilty now about what i put my family through.:cry: