• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Radio piece

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
For those in the West Midlands there is apparently a phone-in on Radio WM tomorrow (Tuesday 4th March) morning at 10 am on the 'drugs don't work' story. I am personally psyching myself up to try and call in ;) , but of course it depends who they put through. I do think its important for people to try and get their voices heard when this sort of discussion takes place.

I know this is of only local interest but the Birmingham forum isn't up and running yet (and yes I have volunteered to help with it!:)) and I'm not sure what WM's reach is anyway.

Nick.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Yup sorry I should have reported Dollit :)

It was very good except it wasn't really a phone-in - rather the host interviewing three people - someone from Mind, a psychotherapist and a depressive. The whole thing was in the framework of the host saying that he had been very disturbed by the report, because he found it irresponsible in that it might lead to people coming off medication without consulting their doctor. This point was really hammered home as all the guests agreed, though with different emphases naturally.

It was all good, responsible stuff basically and there wouldn't have been much I could have added if I had phoned-in (and I was very relieved there was no need to :)).

Nick.

D

Dollit

At least it was positive and local radio reaches an enormous amount of people. :)