• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Quotes for the week

A

Apotheosis

“Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment.”— Rumi

“The future enters into us, in order to transform itself in us, long before it happens. ” RILKE

“What people don’t know surpasses the imagination, and what they don’t want to know is simply unbelievable.” ~C.Jung, The Freud/Jung Letters

It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed. -Thomas Moore

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. – Og Mandino

It is wisdom to fear yourself. Only the heroes say that they are fearless. But you know what happens to the hero. – Carl Jung (Red Book)

Hell is when the depths come to you with all that you no longer are or are not yet capable of. — Carl Jung (Red Book)

Both death and life arise from the darkness of suffering. To live with this ambiguity is most difficult and most important. — Carl Jung (Red Book)

jung1.png

S

*Sapphire*

Have you read the red book yet Apo?
Do you know why they did not allow it to be published until last year? Looks like an interesting read.

A

Apotheosis

I have ordered it. Awaiting delivery - Amazon had stock problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Book_(Jung)

I think that Jung didn't want a certain influence that the book would have had on his patients at the time; it was a deeply personal work - then I think that it was just forgotten about.

Glad that it is here now - it is a book that is having a massive influence already.