Here are some sayings, reassurances, and truisms about depression. I find that reading others articulate depression helps me in coping with it. Feel free to contribute.
- "Depression is a flaw in chemistry, not character."
- “If depression is creeping up and must be faced, learn something about the nature of the beast: You may escape without a mauling.” - Dr. R. W. Shepherd
- "Depression is a prison where you are both the suffering prisoner and the cruel jailer." - Dorathy Rowe
- "That's the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end. The fog is like a cage without a key." - Elizabeth Wurtzel
- "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." - Lao Tzu (Not specifically about depression, but certainly applies.)