• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Quitting my job due to anxiety attacks

G

G3rti3

So I've been having a lot of panic attacks lately due to anxiety at work, so I've decided to quit and work freelance. The only thing is I don't know how to tell them. I know you're supposed to give 2 weeks notice but I don't think I can. I've used up my sick days, but I was too scared to say it was because of my anxiety attacks so I said I was having migraines. It's a call center job and I've only been working there 2 months, so I think I'm just going to call and leave a message. I'm trying to be polite, but I don't know what to say. Any advice?

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi there,

I think it's best if you give them the 2 weeks notice and see it out, otherwise there are legal issues that come into play regarding your contract. I know it's not what you want to hear, but be calm and professional about contacting either your manager, and then HR if neededx

Much love <3

K

kvolm2016

Sorry to hear about this struggle. If you are worried about disclosing that you have anxiety, you can just say that you are having health problems right now. But if you hope to use this job as a reference for another job at any time in the future, you will definitely want to be professional in how you leave. So that generally means letting your supervisor know that you cannot continue to work at this time and asking them when your last day should be.
Is your anxiety specifically related to this job or work environment or has this been a problem with other jobs as well?