• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Quitting cigarettes, starting to lose reality

O

onyx208

Hi. Day one no cigarettes. Went really well, till it didnt. I'm feeling a serious urge to hurt myself one way or another. At the same time, Everything is making me laugh. Hysteria. In the past these symptoms were the beginning to very negative situation. I have schizoaffective and addiction. The psych ward has the best grilled cheese. That makes me smile. But I've been there 12 times (and 3 rehabs) and those are good numbers so I can never go again! I don't want to die. I just want to see colors. I'm on 9 meds and I'm gunna stop them all in secret tonight because I like my voices. Wait theyre coming back? The Council? Okay.
I guess Im asking what can I do about my temper? I don't want to hurt my love by my meanness.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

A bit concerned you're going to stop your meds, especially as you're on 9 different ones?!
I understand that you have your reasons for not wanting to take them, but to go from that to absolutely nothing could make you feel really unwell and may even be dangerous. :unsure:
It's great that you're trying to give up smoking. I do think the irritability, anger and general agitation that you say is turning hysterical could be because you're giving up.
Are you going cold turkey, or are you using any nicotine replacement? I'm just wondering, because if you're not using any patches/gum/whatever, you might find that's making things more difficult.