quitiapine

J

jenny

My pdoc put me on quitiapine about 8 weeks ago and i am on 150 mg at night. my question is does anyone get restless jumpy legs about 1 hour after taking their meds?

M

mickeymoo

smack bang almost to the minute! I am also the same at night. I find splitting my dose and taking an hr or 2 apart helps. also walking around does.

Its really hideous though isnt it!

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Yep it did something similar to me, not so much restless legs but couldn't sit still, keep my fingers/hands still etc. It was very frustrating to the point of tears but it got better after I got the extended release version.

Modelaeroman

Modelaeroman

Yep, I take 300mg of Quetiapine and I find my left leg goes a bit wonky after an hour or so. It feels like a mix between a dead leg and restless legs. It's really difficult to get comfortable.

Kev

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't get a twitch in my leg, but I do get a twitch on my face, close to my mouth, and sometimes I stutter. This can happen any time of day, and never happened before going on Quetiapine. But the worst thing about it for me is the weight gain.

V

Voltaire

I used to be on Quetiapine and had the strange leg effects. The weight gain was also an issue.

J

jenny

thankyou for your replies. glad its not just me then. i will mention it to my pdoc as i go next week.

Bikerbabe

Bikerbabe

Trigger warning

My friend suffered the same on the drug. I didn't, but when they came to take me off it I had a severe reaction and took a massive o/d only just here.