Quitapine withdrawal not sleeping

P

Pebbles86

Hi all so it's been a week today since I stopped taking quitapine :) I seem to be ok apart from being shattered from lack of sleep.. just wondering if anyone knows how long it took for sleep to become normal again I'm getting about 4/5 hours of broken sleep a day and its wearing me out

Luci

Luci

Did you stop taking your meds altogether or did you withdraw gradually? Usually any change in meds the advice docs give is if you are still experiencing the problem after a month to get advice

P

Pebbles86

N
Did you stop taking your meds altogether or did you withdraw gradually? Usually any change in meds the advice docs give is if you are still experiencing the problem after a month to get advice
Was cut down over time my sleep is finally better :) apart from the hot weather effecting it its lovely to be back to natural sleep

Luci

Luci

So glad to hear this! I am also being tapered off Venlafaxine at the moment (from 300 to 37.5 currently) this I'm not sleeping extremely well and I have pulsing nerves and random sickness but I'm feeling a million times better other than the side effects :)

calypso

calypso

Admin
I am pleased that you are having natural sleep. I was on quetiapine and coming off it sent me skittering off the rails but my sleep was controlled by the Mirtazepine which has a sedative quality. I wouldn't want to go back as it was so sedating all day that I didn't feel like myself at all. I'm on Aripiprazole now which suits me much better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Bipolar Forum 16
icecreamcake Bipolar Forum 13
K Bipolar Forum 2