• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

quit????

T

TOONAFISH

I have had a rotten two days at work.

It isnt like working in an office where if you feel low you can just get your head down and get on with it.

working in a care home, you have to be able to have conversations and be happy and smiley.

i have been acting all day and im so tired, mentally and physically.

i hate myself for being so optimistic. what was i thinking.

i want to work, i dont want to be at home all the time, but i feel overwhelmed.

is that normal at the start of a job or have i bitten off more than i can chew.

upset and confused.

should i give it up??

lulubelle

lulubelle

Hi Toonafish,

So sorry you been having a rough couple of days, have a :hug:!

I would say that if its something you want to do then hang in there, possibly get your hours reduced?
But I think it would be a good idea to set a time limit, and if things don't improve and it affects your health then you have to put your health first!

Hope this helps!

Lu xx

N

nattyone

I'm really sorry it didn't go well. I think the rule of thumb is to give it a week or so . See if your mood is going to change soon. I've been in the same situation so can't really offer any decent advice. Since I alwas panicced brokedown and quit. Hardly very inspiring or motivating.

W

warriorprincess

i'd say see how tomorrow goes... you will know when you've had enough, but tomorrow could be an amazing day. I miss work for it's good days but am pleased to not be working for the bad days too. Have an early night if possible and recharge those batteries, and see how you're feeling tomorrow. Can you speak to them about it at all? maybe you need a few days off? or change of hours? i'm sure they'd probably rather negate with you than lose you altogether. Keep us posted xx

T

TOONAFISH

Hi guys

I feel better today as I'm off.

The place I work knows my history and they have agreed to let me work just 10-15 hours a week.

Some weeks i work one shioft some weeks i work 3 shifts.

I think im just taking bad back working. Like having to be out the door for 7.15am. and leaving the house like a tip and coming home to a mess. so stressful for me, i hate mess.

There is also a girl at work, who clearly doesnt like me. she doesnt speak at all (but speaks to others including a new girl - so she isnt shy). she is just yes and no answers and has a total attitude - it is like being back at school

i approached her and asked if i had done anything to upset her and she just said no in a mocking tone and left.

i think this is upsetting me more than anything. i dont expect to get on fabulously with everyone, but you do expect people to be civil to you.

i feel about 13.

yes im being oversensitive and probably immature but that is how i feel. im so paranoid.

any tips on how to get round this???

S

shell

I had the same problem adults whispering and laughing, I'm sensitive it was so hard maybe I was being paranoid who knows. I just tried to ignore it. Show her she hasn't got the better of you, I know that won't be easy have you got any friends at work you can speak to about this girl or a line manager ? Hope your feeling better soon :hug:.
I would see how work goes I tried but couldn't cope anymore so i have gone sick been off nearly 9 weeks, I hope to go back when Im feeling better. Just remember your health is more important x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Bipolar Forum 1
T Bipolar Forum 4
N Bipolar Forum 39