• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Quick Question

J

JustinS1998

Hello, I am new to this forum and forums in general, so I don't know all of the spoken & unspoken rules about posting on here. I just wanted to make sure I asked this before possibly triggering somebody or getting my post reported, but I wanted to ask: Is s****** something that can be talked about on this forum? Just wanted to make sure I know the answer before continuing to make more posts. Thanks to anyone who read this and anyone who knows the answer.

B

bpd2020

Hello Justin. I am not sure what you asked as the word was censored. I am guessing you mean harming yourself? If so then you are allowed to post about it as long as it is not giving details.

D

diabolicalme

Looks to me like Justin's self-censored word is *suicide*?

I don't know the guidelines over this myself. I'd imagine no methods or details would be allowed, other than that?? It would be good to have this confirmed.

B

bpd2020

Oh sorry. I must have misunderstood. In that case I am unclear too.

D

diabolicalme

Ok, I just found the bit in the guidelines : it says -

'Posts containing offensive or harmful material, including explicit descriptions of self-harm methods, pro-anorexia posts and mention of specific suicide methods;' - will be edited or deleted.

J

JustinS1998

Hm ok I see ... thanks for your guys' help, in that case I think its better to not mention it on the public forum, but rather see if anybody wants to pm me to help me out. Thanks again

B

bpd2020

Could you talk about it but just not mention the method?

J

JustinS1998

Could you talk about it but just not mention the method?
I already made another post which I don't know to link but its titled something like (Trying to start Private Messages." In there I basically said that I don't want to mention things too much on the public forum, but that I think it would be better for people to private message me if they can help or relate :)

B

bpd2020

I have seen it. I hope somebody will pm you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Self Harm Forum 3
J Self Harm Forum 4