• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Quick help needed

L

lightmetoday

Hi everyone , here is brief review of my problem
3 years back i fell in true love with someone who lives away from me. I had lots of feelings for her & i was very happy.However within a month she broke my heart, saying she was a teenager she was herself confused & asked me to remain friend. Howsoever difficult i remained her friend , But after months i was still struggling with heartache & finally i decided to leave her to heal myself. We were still in contact but only like distant friend . But then one day i heard she has cancer & my feelings grew very strong for her. She was diagnosed with cancer but i felt a connection that still exist & is very deep.
I can feel her pain & sadness , i keep thinking about her whole day & i miss her very much, Whenever i see her mesage or call i get very excited & happy.
Sometime i feel that maybe i love her , but when i ask myself do you want to marry her ? I say no because i realise i am still heartbroken. I have no commitment for her.
What kind of disorder is this ? Please help me urgently

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

This isn't a "disorder" at all, in my opinion.
You are struggling with some very deep emotions and circumstances (the fact she's been diagnosed with cancer) are almost forcing you to face your feelings.
Whilst it must feel very painful for you, in my opinion, you're not mentally ill.

I think it's natural that you'd feel her pain and that you wish you could make her feel better.
However, I do think that it's important for you to focus on other things and to not allow this situation to take over.
There may be a danger of becoming a bit obsessed with her and feeling unhappy unless you're in contact with her. Which could result in you feeling very hurt.

I was wondering if you'd considered counselling at all? I think it might help you to talk to someone, and also to have somebody else there to help you keep focused so that you don't neglect other areas of your life.

L

lightmetoday

Ya thats correct. I have lost myself completely thinking about her.I feel hurt if i could not contact her , but she gets annoyed if i keep texting her too often .
I am mediating nowadays , I hope it will help me

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L QUICK ADVICE PLEASE! Need help!! Anxiety Forum 5
lizard56 Quick question! Anxiety Forum 12
Mr S A quick question? Anxiety Forum 2
L Just a quick question Anxiety Forum 4
N Quick question about something I can't explain Anxiety Forum 2
C Quick update... Anxiety Forum 4
mark payne quick question! Anxiety Forum 1
Lincoln1990 Quick! Anxiety Forum 12
J Help emetophobia BF Anxiety Forum 1
calmleaves help help help scared scared scared Anxiety Forum 16
R Benxo withdrawal please help Anxiety Forum 22
A Please help me Anxiety Forum 3
M extreme fear of being judged - need help Anxiety Forum 1
M HELP! Panic Attack and Disphagia Anxiety Forum 3
Dalayegon Please help Anxiety Forum 5
A Emet Anxiety Help Anxiety Forum 2
G Messed up contamination worry please help if possible Anxiety Forum 3
R Tapering benzos and derealization help Anxiety Forum 14
dabearwiffdasammich Finally asked for help and was very upfront and honest about what's going on with me. Anxiety Forum 8
J We're told to "let it go" but what does that help besides our mental health? Anxiety Forum 15
A Help Me Anxiety Forum 7
H Emergency Anxiety Meds Help Anxiety Forum 5
ArrmaFan76 Where do you go for help? Who do you turn to? Anxiety Forum 6
B I need help Anxiety Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Is anyone suffering from Intrusive Thoughts and Overthinking heres great video that will help you Anxiety Forum 20
L A horrible series of mistakes, please help me Anxiety Forum 27
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Paranoid about Credit Card dispute Can Anyone Help Me Please Anxiety Forum 17
J Anxiety possibly affecting sex drive. I need help. Anxiety Forum 4
T Help. English feels foreign to me (18M) Anxiety Forum 2
M Anxiety about 30 years schizophrenic,help Anxiety Forum 2
W I have some kind of social anxiety (help) Anxiety Forum 3
K Struggling to give my husband space, anyone help?? Anxiety Forum 18
C (Generalised Anxiety/constant worrying) Talk therapy doesn't help ... alternatives? Anxiety Forum 5
M 17 year old son struggling don’t know how to help Anxiety Forum 11
M HELP Anxiety Forum 3
U Help with Memorial Day Anxiety Anxiety Forum 3
M Anxiety help Anxiety Forum 8
S Help ! Anxiety Forum 8
T Constant state of anxiety sore legs and back heartburn please help Anxiety Forum 10
S I really need help with my anxiety Anxiety Forum 7
M I need help. Anxiety Forum 8
G Doctor didn't help much Anxiety Forum 3
Amelia2020 Does melatonin help with anxiety? Anxiety Forum 2
I Help Anxiety Forum 13
D One of the worst things about anxiety is that it makes me feel like I can't get any help Anxiety Forum 2
R How do I help someone may have anxiety Anxiety Forum 3
L Help My Eyes Depression Appts Anxiety Forum 4
kayzee195 Has anyone used CBD to help with anxiety depression illness etc.? Anxiety Forum 4
G Help get rid of this feeling Anxiety Forum 1
L Help! Extremely low confident and insecure and panic Anxiety Forum 8