• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

quiatiapine 500mg

N

nats1234

I've been taking these for about a year now and still knock me out and put me to sleep but because I suffer from mutiple illnesses I have to take them... Need to know if this is normal for them to still be putting me to sleep after so long?

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I take 750mg and they knock me right out too. An hour (ish) after I take them I can't hold things either, my hands stop working for some reason lol

I haven't been taking them for a year tho but I imagine they have that effect on most people

welcome btw xx

SarahD

SarahD

Hi nats

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I haven't taken quetiapine, although it has been suggested for me, I have heard it is very sedating. I think whether that effect lasts may vary with individuals. I was on another sedating drug, and that was just the same after a year.

I hope you will enjoy using the forum.

Best wishes. Sarah

G

Gredge23

Hi nats on 200 for over 2 and a half years and it still wipes me out , but as Sarahd said it would vary with each individual , but pretty sure if I was on 500 for a year it would definitely still wipe me out. I think what your going through is normal.

G

Gredge23

I take 750mg and they knock me right out too. An hour (ish) after I take them I can't hold things either, my hands stop working for some reason lol

I haven't been taking them for a year tho but I imagine they have that effect on most people

welcome btw xx
Haha I get the hands thing 2 and thers a lot of walls with my head dent in them when I'm on my way up to bed :)

Peaceful

Peaceful

Am on 400mg quetiapine in morning and 400mg quetiapine at night.

Not that drowsy in morning. Usually try and get up and started pretty soon after waking up, but in all reality about an hour or two before completely on the planet.

It's pretty effective though and been told will be on the current levels for two or three years before any particular reduction is considered.

But have been on for eighteen months or so and been reasonably stable apart from my own personal issues which I have had to deal with, but no symptoms regarding too speeded up etc and my depressive symptoms quite well under control currently too.

Become more social once again too, whilst on this dose.

Only side effect is very large appetite for me. Always generally been pretty slim and fit.

Currently doing quite a bit of exercise but put weight on all around the stomach region.

But my actual diet is mainly junk anyway, but even saying that didn't put on weight before on same diet.

It has been the best one for me though, as long as I don't look in the mirror, all is well and good, I guess.

Also, when first started taking them was drinking quite a bit of alcohol, which caused it to be ineffective and made me very dizzy. Given up drink now for year or so and they do what they are meant to.

Was drowsy when taking them and drinking though.

But quetiapine has overall been good.

Hopefully one day, medical research will enable a drug which is good for all and does all of what it is meant to do and with no side effects as a consequence too.

We can but dream.:whistle: