quetiapine

megirl

megirl

Are health care is free we we pay to see the gp. But as for hospital care in the public system that is free
Well my pdoc is very cautious about changing any of my meds as it took so much juggling of different medication to get me well
In my area there is only 2 psychiatrists who both know me. But the other psychiatrist wouldn't touch my regime.
Shes like noone else is to make any changes without consulting her
Quetiapine was the only drug that worked for sleep.
I certainly dont think I need to be on that dose anymore.
Even venlafaxine which I believe never really helped me. Instead of getting rid of that she tried many other antidepressants which didn't work. The drug that pretty much saved my life was lamotrigine. That was the last resort medication. Its just took so long to get me well hence her reluctancy to alter anything

P

Phantimos

Wow that sounds like a lot. I take 100 mg at the moment. Only thing I've noticed is how it helps me sleep. It might be doing other things in the background I am not aware of though.

megirl

megirl

:welcome:
Quetiapine can also for some people have antidepressant qualities also. I am sure that has helped me as well and antianxiety properties. It seems to be quite a well used drug these day and a lot safer them some of the older types of these drugs

G

Girl interupted

You should really be talking with a doctor about any change in medication. I’m concerned you are doing this alone and what it may do to you. I agree with what others have said here, though, that’s a disturbing amount. You should go see another doctor for consult. I take 1/4 of a 25 mg quetapine pill and it knocks me out.

megirl

megirl

Yep you have pretty much convinced me I need to stand up and say she needs to sort this out.
If I were to wake in the night and say need to get up for a drink or have a headache and need some paracetamol for an example I feel like I am paralysed and I really am awake but I just can't actually move.
I am lucky I have a really good bladder otherwise I would end up peeing in bed:redface:
I couple of times I have had diarrhea and I couldn't get out of bed at all end up going back to sleep then deal with that in the morning.

megirl

megirl

I see my support worker today,I could mention the quetiapine,won't tell him I've already decreased it otherwise I'll end up having to pick my meds up daily again.
Hope he can do something about the dose etc will ask to be seen by the doctor

T

Tabby120

Hopefully. If you do your research before seeing the doctor, would he be agreeable to your ideas?

megirl

megirl

Hard to know. Shes quite cautious with my meds,its taken a long time to get the right combination.
And she won't let any other doctors even look at my meds without her approval

T

Tabby120

"Right combination" isn't just what keeps you stable, it's also what side effects are acceptable.

It's worth a try, to talk to her already informed of potential options.

megirl

megirl

Exactly,well said,
I will do some research before I see them next then at least I can suggest some options,
Thanks so much :hug:

N

Nina998

I am on 600mg and I don't wake up at night. My husband says I don't wake up no matter what. Mornings are difficult. I sleep 9-12 hours.

megirl

megirl

Thanks for that.
Now I live on my own its a bit if a safety issue (I believe it is) as what if someone breaks into the house? Would I wake up? Then would I be capable of defending myself ..no.
Same if theirs a fire I may wake to the smoke alarm I would probably go back to sleep

N

Nina998

Yeah it could be a bit of a safety issue. I haven't thought it from that point of view. I would advice not to think too much of safety though. Even though how prepared you are there are things that could happen to you. There are so many dangers daytime too which can randomly happen to you.

megirl

megirl

Yes, how true, there's things we do have no control over, thanks for that x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
megirl Bipolar Forum 2
Jess96 Bipolar Forum 14
T Bipolar Forum 2