• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Quetiapine tantrum

S

swan

I wont take it no no no no no!!! (commence tantrum)
I wont.
Nor will i take any of your anti-psychotics.
I've never had a manic episode, i find the idea of prescribing me anti-psychotic medication to combat them "just in case" they appear horrendous.
I refuse
i refuse to gain huge amounts of weight just to be on the safe side.
I refuse to give over my body and mind to a drug-induced sludge-state just to be on the safe side.
I'm aware that 100mg of sertraline could induce mania but please please please let me just find out for myself.
Trust me to do that...i still don't trust you (doctor.)

I'm terrified !

emski

emski

If you don't want to take them and have no reason to take them then don't x

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

I could have written your post myself. Your words echo my feelings precisely.

Jo1760

Jo1760

I would tend to agree with you - I first took Quetiapine without knowing it was an AP. The pdoc didn't tell me, he just said it would help me to be less impulsive.

I have to say after a few days of taking them, i finially got round to googling the name and had a bit of a shock - to say the least. I do still even now think it was wrong of him not to speak to me in more detail about what i was being given. In my defence also I was under the CT who were keeping my meds and only giving me a few days worth so i didn't get the opportunity to see the perscription leaflet.

But i do agree, if you feel you dont need to take AP's then you certianly shouldn't be made too.

X

Dave.P

Dave.P

yup

Why can't they take tablets and come live in our world? You go girl! love the rant!

W

Watercolours

I am taking Quetiapine but I knew it was a AP when it was prescribed to me, I was initially given it for sleep when Promazine stopped working (200mg BD) and then an extra 25mg was added in the morning for anxiety... but the need to eat is driving me crazy!

I see the psych later this afternoon and I think my plan is to come off it and stick to the Topiramate I am currently taking. Yet the Quetiapine has really been helping with the sleep and the anxiety... but I don't like the new 'can't stop eating me' :(

S

swan

Yeah this is one of the things I wanted to steer well clear of. Hope your psych is more understanding than mine and lets you come off it without having to put up a fight.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Bipolar Forum 14
sthistle92 Bipolar Forum 9
N Bipolar Forum 39