• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Quetiapine experiences?

S

scrappy

I'm due to start this tomorrow. I had horrendous weight gain (2 stone) on olanzapine so I'm switching to quetiapine. Has anyone else had this drug? How long does it take to start quietening voices?

bupanishad2012

bupanishad2012

Look up my other Posts concerning this drug---under Seroquel. Better than that, look up "seroquel,seizures" on Google. I took olanzapine (Zyprexa), but don't remember why I stopped or what it did to me---nothing good, I DO remember. As to "voices," I can't tell you much. Maybe Seroquel---maybe NOT!

S

scrappy

seizures :eek: dr didn't mention that - is it common? Drs never seem to say anything about side effects... :(

N

Nefertiti

quetiapine

Hi ive been on quetiapine a while ive found that its worked only in mood but not anything else. Also its known to increase hunger therefore comes the weight gain. But different meds work differently with different people. It certainly isnt the most toxic brew on the market. See how you go, good luck!

bupanishad2012

bupanishad2012

Seoquel

"Not the most toxic brew on the market."

Maybe not, but it's the next best thing, in my opinion! Good luck, whoever gets the next dose!

N

Nefertiti

ive found it benign compard to others but again thats just me take care

N

Nefertiti

in an ideal world we wouldnt have to take any of them of course theyre all horrid it goes without saying. take care and good luck x

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi as far a quitiapine goes it has changed my life i was a zombie on olanzapine and resirodone couldnt function now i'm on quitiapine it has helped me stabilize i love this drug yey and olanzapine made me put on tonnes of weight quitiapine none its really changed my life good luck diddy:D

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
I found i had to take 800mg to shut the voices up but i was unable to function at that dose so they are trying Rispadone now.

S

snakeplissken

Quetiapine has sedative qualities.

Hi I just joined the forum.My seroquel has just been cut in half after five years of 300mg nightly.Almost immediately the sedative qualities are noticably affected.On seroquel I did notice I craved carbs on occasion,But I have not been in Hospital for years due to the dosages of the multiple meds I have been taking.
My GP reccomended I approach the shrink to reduce the meds I was on due to the over sedative effects.Seroquel,Rispiradone & Carbamazapine.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi I just joined the forum.My seroquel has just been cut in half after five years of 300mg nightly.Almost immediately the sedative qualities are noticably affected.On seroquel I did notice I craved carbs on occasion,But I have not been in Hospital for years due to the dosages of the multiple meds I have been taking.
My GP reccomended I approach the shrink to reduce the meds I was on due to the over sedative effects.Seroquel,Rispiradone & Carbamazapine.
Hi Snake (may I call you snake?),
Welcome to the forum :welcome:
I wish you well on your journey with med reduction. I hope you report adverse effects immediately to your doctor. It doesn't pay to keep our mouths shut about such things. Good luck. :flowers:

S

snakeplissken

reply to ms P

Discipline is the key to sustaining a lengthy well adjusted time out of care,no drink,no hash,no eejit mates.
Trust is a factor to be established with the mental health professionals.
Most importantly self respect is a good motivator.
As a collective any one of us can fall at any time,from extensive personal experience it is bettter to restrict exposeure to risk of relapse without tempting fate.
Sometimes things don't make any sense,sometimes they do.
Ride the tide!

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
you talikng to me?

hello snake may i ask if that reply was for me as i am named diddypinks mrs p is who?

S

snakeplissken

To Diddypinks

Sorry I do apologise,I'm a novice where it comes to forums.Please forgive me.
I found that Quetiapine is very good to counteract stressful ongoing situations,but as with any psycotropic it does not react well to strong alcohol.
Ride the tide!

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi snake no its fine i totally got the wrong end of the stick anyhoo diddy