• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Questions

M

Miliana

I want to ask why should I keep living if I'm not good enough, I don't want to fail but every time I do something I have the worst result..
I want to be the best, yet I don't know if there is something that I'm good at, and anyways there will always be someone better. I hate myself so much, I wish I could have a different body, I can't do this anymore i really can't this month will be my end

S

sallimae76

I often feel the same way. I am new at my job and I am not an expert in the field yet. I make lots of mistakes but I just have to keep going and learn from them. You only get better through experience.

As far as your body is concerned, I am overweight and I have hair loss and a skin condition to deal with. It has taken me a long time to accept myself. I know it is hard, but lots of us don't have ideal bodies. What matters most is the person you are on the inside. Seek out people who will like you for the person are within.

Please don't end it all. You have enough to live for. Just take one day at a time. I care for you and you can send me a message anytime.

L

LokiPokey75

Hi Miliana!

Inadequacy is such a hard thing to deal with, isn't it? I deal with it all the time. I've always felt insecure in my abilities and my appearance. I was born with a birthmark on my nose and lip called a hemangioma. Its size intimidated a lot of kids so I had trouble making friends. I've had surgeries to correct it, but over the years, I've struggled to feel as beautiful and as worthy as other girls.

I wonder too why I keep living. It's a question a lot of people with depression go through. But if you don't think you deserve to live because you're not good enough, then there's an easy fix -- practice. You can't be as great as someone else without practice and like salliemae76 says, making lots of mistakes is crucial to getting better.

I will never be as good as other writers. But I've found my own distinct writing voice that sets me apart from others. If you can find a unique way to do your job, then that's something that will make you stand apart from the crowd. To be the best requires you to apply your own ingenuity to the task. And practice will help you discover how to do that.

No matter what you think, Miliana, you are unique, you are special, and you deserve to be here! We believe in you.

A

Am33

No one is perfectly perfect except for Mary Poppins :) Everything we do we learn from it we are all like a ship we get off course we just make a little adjustment . Thomas Edison 9999 times before he got the light bulb right he never saw his experiments as failures just learning tool . Here is something I learned before you do something that day say out loud what do you want to happen in detail. Then say " I call for Christ Victory ! , Christ Victory ! Christ Victory ! " try it you get good results .

anex

anex

Hi Miliana! I hear your pain. You ARE good enough. Always. I promise. A lot of the time I feel like I’m not good enough, too. It sucks. But we are all more than enough.
What are some things you enjoy doing?

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

I struggled with my self-worth too. It can turn into a shame and blame cycle, driven by social media and other comparison traps.

My healing began with acceptance, believing in my heart that I'm acceptable and then evaluating that as a sufficiency not a deficiency. I guess my recovery taught me that when we believe in and fully embrace our adequacies then maybe the uncertainty of why life isn't meeting our expectations can be allowed to dissipate.