Questions

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

I haven't been diagnosed with depression nor will I pretend that I am but I have some questions pertaining to it if anyone could help me with answering them. I was wondering, is depression a constant dread or can it be on and off? I just wonder what it is that is going on when I feel that way for days. I have anxiety issues so I'm guessing somewhere it ties in with that. I think a lot about some old memories and a friend or two that I miss and I feel horrible for days. Not asking for a diagnosis you know what I mean, I just want to know if anyone else stands with me here and what it is that I'm feeling.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

a constand dread or on and off ? depends dude i say both are true depending on person including a bunch of factors like the life of the person experiences etc and genetics and home life also if living a fulfilling life

as for what you feel i can feel what you mean but like you know we dont diagnose on here nor should you look online for a diagnosis my advise is get diagnosed from a trust able source who doesnt want to through you on anti depressants they are pure mental cancer in my subjective experience they kill you mentally and physically mind body and soul then id say seek a 2nd and 3rd opinion then either get help or dont but opt for getting help dude nip it in the bud before it consumes you then you are a recluse for 5 years like i was

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Like I said, I don't want a diagnosis and I know this site doesn't do that, nor does the internet. I just wondered if what I feel is similar to what others may feel.

FindingTheMeaning

FindingTheMeaning

I wouldn't say it is an on or off switch sort of feeling but rather just an extra piece of baggage that meddles with everything. It just changes the meaning of everything. Its quite terrible, the disassociation.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

I wouldn't say it is an on or off switch sort of feeling but rather just an extra piece of baggage that meddles with everything. It just changes the meaning of everything. Its quite terrible, the disassociation.
Interesting, I didn't know that.

P

Pollypop

Neither would I FindingTheMeaning.
We have obviously both known the havoc
it causes.

Best wishes to everyone.

Someoldguy

Someoldguy

The most disturbing realization for me was when I realized I couldn't trust my own thoughts and motivations.

Who do you turn to when you can't even trust yourself?