• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Questions on radio voices and writing style.

S

Spirit

So, I have another question and I hope I really don't get annoying with these but a lot of this is still new territory for me and to be honest out of all the sites I've scanned, seeking any bit of enlightenment I could, this is the only one where I feel I can trust the info presented and can relate to the people within.

So, my question. It's a little hard to explain. Well, it's two questions maybe.

My first one is about radio like voices, that's what I call them at least. Does anyone else ever get this thing like they're hearing bits of talk radio for like a couple of seconds to a time and then it stops and changes channels a bunch of times- each time only lasting for a moment, not nearly long enough to understand what's being said?

I get that mostly when I'm falling asleep or when I'm starring out into space trying to figure out what I want to do next. It's weird, it's like these little snippets of jabbered talk radio is playing in my head and though I understand them even less than anything else they're always so LOUD.

My second question is an odd one... or so I think. It's about writing style. I've noticed around here from looking at lot of past posts (all of which are so helpful) and a lot of the present ones that some people's voices seem to come out in there writing. Is this on purpose? Like some kind of therapy to better understand them? Or do you not have control against that?

I ask mostly because I'm worried that mine will start coming out in my writing (I'm a writer so it's a big deal for me). There are times when I've sat down and 'autowrote' to try and understand and sort out the things in my head... it made it very strong... but those times were on purpose and there were other circumstances involved to the point that I didn't know I was hearing voices... it's complicated but I just wanted to know does anyone have it to the point where they can't control if their voices write for them/

parker

parker

Meditiators? have this problem to.

My second question is an odd one... or so I think. It's about writing style. I've noticed around here from looking at lot of past posts (all of which are so helpful) and a lot of the present ones that some people's voices seem to come out in there writing. Is this on purpose? Like some kind of therapy to better understand them? Or do you not have control against that?
This is what is cool about this site to view stuff like this:) I think one here really gets taken over . AAG is by choice IMHO.

parker

parker

I went to an old site i use to visit and dug up some excerpts:)
I then usually am into a fairly decent trance by the time I'm done with all of the above. But if I'm not I go into 'noticing' and 'listening to my earhiss' which puts me into trance if I don't pass out.
I stay expectant, waiting for a cue that 'something's different' that my usual mentation. Hypnagogics, voices (by now I hear glimpses of conversation- as if you're tuning a radio and go through fast- you know you heard "the elephant is yellow" (I just picked random words" but have to concentrate hard in realizing I actually heard it- it's like it's another part of your head that heard it. Then I wait for other cues, since voices always come first for me. Hypnagogics in the form of figures, or vortexes, or objects fleeting through. Then I observe without getting too interested..
Some times along with the pulsing sensation I would hear old 1930s music as though coming through an old radio
The radio noise is common too. Monroe called it M band noise and considered it the emotions and thoughts of collective humanity. I think material from our own subconscious can get mixed up in it too.
computer-like beeping and various indistinct voices. I just noticed this, that exactly the way it is with me too. It's like hearing a bunch of radio stations all at the same time a lot of times for me in that state
I next became aware of lying back on the couch, listening to some talk, as if a radio station DJ. It was so clear
It feels as though I’m listening to a radio station, with voices and conversations that do not have anything to do with me.

P

Psyche

Does anyone else ever get this thing like they're hearing bits of talk radio for like a couple of seconds to a time and then it stops and changes channels a bunch of times- each time only lasting for a moment, not nearly long enough to understand what's being said?
Well one thing that happens to me is that often when I'm home alone during the day, I hear voices that sound like the TV at the other end of the house is on (though quiet and muffled) and I can hear the quality and tone of the voices, but am unable to make out any words (it sounds like the news, though) but when I walk into the room the TV is of course turned off and I no longer hear the voices.

T

ThePayingRoomate

Well one thing that happens to me is that often when I'm home alone during the day, I hear voices that sound like the TV at the other end of the house is on (though quiet and muffled) and I can hear the quality and tone of the voices, but am unable to make out any words (it sounds like the news, though) but when I walk into the room the TV is of course turned off and I no longer hear the voices.
I have this same experience fairly regularly, from either a few times a week to several times a day. I could see it being equally described as a radio voice, though due to my television/movie habits that's probably not how I'd personally describe it to someone.

At home I usually feel secure enough in my surroundings not to get bothered by it too much except when dealing with certain water activities (I have certain PTSD triggers due to a drowning experience) in which case it can cause anxiety or even a full blown panic attack. Outside of the home they can be far more unnerving because I depend on keeping track of the real and non-real to keep my bearings and not slip back into the embarrassing days of when I could barely tell the difference.

I

ihearvoices

Hi....new here but just wanted to add that the voices that I hear are usually very late at night when I am relaxed..sometimes right after I lay down I start to hear them...sometimes I am still sitting up when they come...but it always starts out as if I am hearing newscasting on tv or radio with static or even sportscasting....it is muffled but loud...I cannot make out single words...this part of the hearing voices is what bothers me most as I find the mundane talk as if coming from a tv or radio to be annoying...I will listen to this usually for about 10 minutes then the music comes. Sometimes I hear what is almost like a game show or sit com.....I just can't pinpoint always what I am hearing but yes it does sound very TV'ish or radioish at first.
I don't always hear the music....but I like it when I do. My eyes are open at first when I hear.....I don't really close my eyes I don't think until the music comes...the music usually lulls me to sleep.