• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

questions about palpitations/flutters

E

eddy1608

Hi, is it possible to feel like palpitations or flutters in your throat?? Its a weird type feeling that's hard to describe my pulse rate is fine but Ive had worries about my heart for years. In the last 3 yrs I had 3 ekgs and numerous blood tests and visits to the gp and hospital and they always say I'm ok but its hard to accept. I'm 26 no previous heart problems with either parents or me.

D

Dottyone

Hi, is it possible to feel like palpitations or flutters in your throat?? Its a weird type feeling that's hard to describe my pulse rate is fine but Ive had worries about my heart for years. In the last 3 yrs I had 3 ekgs and numerous blood tests and visits to the gp and hospital and they always say I'm ok but its hard to accept. I'm 26 no previous heart problems with either parents or me.

Their are all sort of reasons for Palpatations, Anxiety and stress is very well known for causing this though dont take that as a diagnosis lol

Also some medications can cause twitches in muslcles all over the body including the neck, I have heart palpitations from anxiety and medications.

Hope thats puts your mind a rest, their is always the gp/dr again if its really worrying you :hug:

Last edited:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sometimes I can feel my pulse in my throat.
I know that must sound quite unusual to some people, but I notice it particularly when i've been doing some strenuous exercise or if i'm really anxious.
I've found that drinking a glass of water and deep breaths can help shift the feeling.
While it's easier said than done, i'd try not to think too much about it, particularly as your doctors have said that you are in good health.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E questions about palpitations/flutters Anxiety Forum 1
I Questions about benzodiazepines Anxiety Forum 6
R So many questions.. Anxiety Forum 1
J More medication questions Anxiety Forum 3
J So many questions Anxiety Forum 2
S I don't know what's exactly wrong with me, I have so many questions. Anxiety Forum 7
S Hey guys new here and have a few questions. Anxiety Forum 3
T Anxiety questions Anxiety Forum 2
J Please respond ASAP questions about blood pressure please I’m freaking out Anxiety Forum 5
W Helath Anxiety Questions Anxiety Forum 2
W Trazodon Questions Anxiety Forum 4
H Two Questions Anxiety Forum 1
I Keep thinking that I am going to be asked questions on what I've learnt Anxiety Forum 2
F New to anxiety & depression few questions please?? Anxiety Forum 3
M Hey, haven't been diagnosed, questions Anxiety Forum 3
F Publication bias and 'spin' raise questions about drugs for anxiety disorders Anxiety Forum 1
E questions about shortness of breath Anxiety Forum 2
S Anxiety questions Anxiety Forum 8
D Questions about my possible OCD? Anxiety Forum 2
Q Depressed about a friend's death and unanswered questions. Please help and answer? Anxiety Forum 5
L Heart palpitations Anxiety Forum 5
T Palpitations making me panic!! Anxiety Forum 4
J Anxiety/Adrenaline/palpitations Anxiety Forum 1
D Guess who's back! Palpitations and all Anxiety Forum 2
G Heart palpitations Anxiety Forum 1
J Does CBD oil without THC reduce stress, ,panic, heart palpitations and put you in a good mood or does it cause anxiety, heart palpitations? Anxiety Forum 2
J Anyone experience hard ectopic beats with pain for a second or heart palpitations or a tight stomach and esophageal inflammation during high stress? Anxiety Forum 3
R Heart palpitations Anxiety Forum 2
L Heart palpitations and Anxiety Anxiety Forum 4
W Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Palpitations:( Anxiety Forum 15
P Palpitations on the regular, when will it stop! Anxiety Forum 1
T Heart palpitations Anxiety Forum 1
A Heart palpitations Anxiety Forum 2
B Reading and palpitations! Anxiety Forum 1
J only when walking really bad heart palpitations pounding heart skipped beats please help ASAP Anxiety Forum 19
M Heart palpitations - anxiety related Anxiety Forum 3
S Palpitations and High BP after self study. Help needed. Anxiety Forum 1
M Morning nausea and palpitations?? Anxiety Forum 2
N Imagined Heart Palpitations? Anxiety Forum 7
E weird throat feelings kind of like palpitations Anxiety Forum 2
D Anxiety and flutters! Anxiety Forum 5