• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Questionnaire: Voices and isolation from human contact

W

wildhare

I have a few questions for each of you who hear voices, I also hear voices, and I have experimented with situations where voices tend to change, go away, or increase in severity. I made a questionnaire I was hoping some people could complete and either post or reply by email. Feel free to remain brief and anonymous.

Environment:

Do you hear voices when you are having a conversation with someone?

Do voices talk about other people around you?

Do voices sound like, imitate, or patronize people around you, but are not actually that person?

Do you hear them immediately upon waking or some time later in the day?

Are they louder at certain times of day?

Do voices, pitch, words or attitude become impacted by noise in your environment? (A fan, traffic outside, television, etc.)

Do you feel physical sensations related to voices? (Air currents, tingling, poking, electric static, etc.)

Which times do voices stop or grow quiet, if ever?

People:

How many people do you live with? (Just the number)

How many non-family friends do you interact with in one week?

How much time in a day do you spend alone on average?

Do you have regular conversation with others, either in work, school, home or other capacity?

Are you attached/married or single/divorced/separated?

Do you have children, how many?

Do you live in a large city or a small city? Urban, suburban or rural?

parker

parker

Nice Post:)

Do you hear voices when you are having a conversation with someone? No

Do voices talk about other people around you? nope

Do voices sound like, imitate, or patronize people around you, but are not actually that person? When the voices first came they imitated people that lived in the upstairs apartment.

Do you hear them immediately upon waking or some time later in the day? Yes

Are they louder at certain times of day? Night time or when I start to relax

Do voices, pitch, words or attitude become impacted by noise in your environment? (A fan, traffic outside, television, etc.) Traffic especially, machines with rhythm.

Do you feel physical sensations related to voices? (Air currents, tingling, poking, electric static, etc.) Poking, I also get what feels like an invisible knife jabbed in my side, lower ribs

Which times do voices stop or grow quiet, if ever? Never

People:

How many people do you live with? (Just the number) 3

How many non-family friends do you interact with in one week? Lots

How much time in a day do you spend alone on average? 1 hour

Do you have regular conversation with others, either in work, school, home or other capacity? Yes

Are you attached/married or single/divorced/separated? Married

Do you have children, how many? 2

Do you live in a large city or a small city? Urban, suburban or rural? Large city

T

ThePayingRoomate

Environment:

Yes.

Yes.

Do voices sound like, imitate, or patronize people around you, but are not actually that person?

I was about to put down 'no' but then I had to think about it. Sometimes I think I hear people say things they didn't, but I don't think I've ever been able to tell if it is the voices doing it or if it is more normal 'mind playing tricks on me' stuff that most people experience. Guess I'll have to chalk that up to a 'not sure.'

Usually later in the day, but sometimes I wake up hearing them or they literally wake me up.

Sometimes louder, but I haven't noticed any connection to the time of day.

Do voices, pitch, words or attitude become impacted by noise in your environment? (A fan, traffic outside, television, etc.)

Sometimes. On bad days this seems to happen more often. Almost anything in my environment seems to be an excuse to demand attention (I generally try to ignore them these days).

Do you feel physical sensations related to voices? (Air currents, tingling, poking, electric static, etc.)

Yes, especially on bad days. The worst were when it felt like something was being twisted into the back of my head, or playing on my PTSD triggers. Sometimes it's just the feeling someone putting their hand on my shoulder, pokes, etc.

On good days they can be pretty quiet and if I'm distracted I might not even notice them. Mine started with a head injury, so usually those times are when my other symptoms aren't acting up as much, my stress levels are nil, and I'm otherwise relaxed/occupied.

People:

2, sort of. The lady stays here a lot and her kid is over a couple days a week.

I'm probably averaging less than 1 these days.

All but a few hours.

Do you have regular conversation with others, either in work, school, home or other capacity?

Via the internet yes. Sometimes I try to pull of a course with a lecture where I have to show up in person though.

Divorced. Have a lady who thinks I'm alright enough to put up with me though.

Nope.

Small city / university town.

T

terri

I have a few questions for each of you who hear voices, I also hear voices, and I have experimented with situations where voices tend to change, go away, or increase in severity. I made a questionnaire I was hoping some people could complete and either post or reply by email. Feel free to remain brief and anonymous.

Environment:

People:

Hey Wildhare
Super, so happy that you have found it. What a lovely surprise, PayingRoomMate, made my Christmas, you have found somebody. Gosh Parker, all knew here.

Hope to fill this in one day, somehow, but have all on at the moment, because my daddy is being buried tomorrow, and so much pressure from people who do not dare commit themselves to the fact that one day, well, they do die also.

Awesomely ridiculous, not to acknowledge griefs, in the same way.......I do not know what the world's coming to, except to say, terribly unkind, cruel, thoughtless and thankless. I do not derail not for nothing, and hope that you undeerstand that this is ripe on track for me as well, and will do promise not to post anymore here other than the answer, awesomely correctly, what, no liars, not at all, not these days, not that there ever was, should you not knows what I mean, and so I do go there tomorrow.

Take care, all werewolfs everywhere. Saw a fair few in my house, and my mind eye some also.

Terri

parker

parker

Hope to fill this in one day, somehow, but have all on at the moment, because my daddy is being buried tomorrow, and so much pressure from people who do not dare commit themselves to the fact that one day, well, they do die also.
So sorry to here this, on Christmas Eve and all.

parker

T

terri

So sorry to here this, on Christmas Eve and all.

parker
Thank you kind Sir. You are a star for your lovely words. I will go there now with the filling in with the form and no big deal, and hope it causes a snowball of information for us all so that we can all truly help one another.

And I go stop in to do this, and then am off out of the way for awesomely difficult around a man who is totally destructive in both his persona towards me and what he does not realise and I have quite simply given up on him ever facing the truth, is that he is unaware that he is being watched all the while by the Great Gospel I.

Isiah, has him as well.

Take care and a happy New Year to your lovely wife and beautiful child, whoops, children I mean, for how unfortunate for I and what a disfortune for others and well now I smile :) for you are the lucky lucky man I always knew you are.

El Hambra

T

terri

I have a few questions for each of you who hear voices, I also hear voices, and I have experimented with situations where voices tend to change, go away, or increase in severity. I made a questionnaire I was hoping some people could complete and either post or reply by email. Feel free to remain brief and anonymous. All foursome for perri

Environment:

Do you hear voices when you are having a conversation with someone? Yes, all the while.

Do voices talk about other people around you? Yes, they do, often in no unpleasant terms, and dosy ones get through as well, if you do know what I mean now. All personas, all personalities, good for truths, some that go liar, some that also go devils, and overall what always comes through on top are the treasures of the heavens, the rather very very good ones, and all for truths. Though for sure a long long time a coming through to my house and or my different abodes, and now all the while. Tank goodness.

Do voices sound like, imitate, or patronize people around you, but are not actually that person? Yes, though they are always human flesh, blood and bone persons.

Do you hear them immediately upon waking or some time later in the day? Often a few moments after waking, say four, five and or six seconds, and then all awareness arrives and sometimes when I wake and they are not there, I do so panic, for I think about myself all alone, with no one to help me, and then all confuses and often go over the top with happiness when all those voices arrive from rather the top of our planes and come down over my body and my mind and my brain to always reassure me. And that's not all, it's taken years and years of finding out and finding a way through, and believe me not all terrifically pleasant as you know from all those posts I wrote and may still have to write one day to get them all out of gear and get those evil ones lost again. If you do go know what I mean RTG.

Are they louder at certain times of day? Yes, most certainly, not unlike now, where the noise of the traffic comes through and the airwaves are used by my voices to cause sort of like not an echo chamber not for nothing (though that sometimes does occur and sounds like ordinary men on earth using some sort of sound system, and angels they all are too) so no worries of that any more, not up until the day when the devil comes over and takes over all our voices, and well no more of that now for I am entirely through 24/7. Not like before. All is true, and when all kicked off in 1990, I sat on the windowsill at a rather disturbing place and well the pump action of the digger, at the building site, completing their awesome tridiculous ways, caused me not a moments problem and rather told me a soft soft story. Out of there after three or four more days, and not with a lot of tablets, namely three or four, max. Chucked my job though for the simpl reason I had kids at home, and all got rather a lot too much. So there's not the end of the story, just another start..........though all for now, or will probably run out of space. And no, I am not not evil!!! Turn it round and yes I am no no live. ha ha oh yes you are say my voices, and all are laughing now.

Do voices, pitch, words or attitude become impacted by noise in your environment? (A fan, traffic outside, television, etc.) gosh just sorta answered that. though the voices do not feel a thing apart from great happiness and terrifying fear. No porridge for them not any longer, not like I sent them, once upon a never ending rather nervous story for them, and heck, did that send a ball of fear rolling. Not so much my way that day, though for sure I have had to be rather careful about what I did say and do as well. Had to give up my entire freedom for this Babylonian world. And now Great Arch Angel of the male are interjecting with their deep baratones. Awesomely special. xxxx

Do you feel physical sensations related to voices? (Air currents, tingling, poking, electric static, etc.) Yes, nearly all the time. Especially at night, when one does land on top of my body when war does start in my own bedroom, bathroom and or bed. Alone of course.

Which times do voices stop or grow quiet, if ever? Sometimes when I ask them to go away for a while, not always, for that means there are devils about, when I am having a nice quiet think on the place where you would call a throne and or do the crossword et al, not always though, often fly through at that time, so no worries, often over in slo they go away for all of 3 4 or even 5 days, and well I tell them to get back and not to leave me alone again for I do miss them when they are not around. So far so good, I have a visitor now, named not nice man. And he is asking who is up my bum at the moment, meaning there is a human being at the back of my car, awaiting for a set off, for he is an earthly angel as well. Go check out with my binoculars, that's for me that was.

People:

How many people do you live with? (Just the number) 1

How many non-family friends do you interact with in one week?none at mo, believe me, awesomely difficult being schizoid phrenic, even for the funeral discussions now basics have been completed. Cruel hey. Couldna make that part up nor the rest actually.

Do you have regular conversation with others, either in work, school, home or other capacity? God streuth, you kiddin. Rather dumped me, the lot, after what I said about a certain person, what did I call her, a cow, a wanker, used a couple of f words, and well a label off a schiozphrenic and you do not stand a cat in hell's chance of leading any sort of completely sane, normaly world around here. Not one bit of support for me whatsoever, and complete totaly agreement between all that I am well...... off for the nut house, what again, over Christmas, this time. 4th time lucky for a nice long section............... tut tut, geezers are the easy ones, the girls are the worst, and that's why that rather not now man is a woman and not a member of the sane ones. If you go see what I mean!

Are you attached/married or single/divorced/separated? Divorced through mind and eyes as well, and separated for awesomely long period like 35 years, and well, not on paper, am not that daft. Not open to offers, am well sorta, sorted.

Do you have children, how many? 2 plus one, plus one girl, plus 2 more, somehow, plus a whole rainbow family full. Blood lust, 2 only.

urban, suburban and rural. Could not make it up. Still stuck somehow!!!!! and not through voices and or spirits and or angels. Simply the cruelty of men and man and women also, both family friends and relations and so far so good, though do expect members of mammoth I do not know. somehow these days.

thankyou for this thread. I do believe it is what we need and so awesomely necessary for us all to gain lots and lots of understanding, so hope all members do complete this form, whoever you are and no matter where you come from.

Oh how are you Don-na, not chucked the fags yet. Oh well, long time no passing......

Terri

And now how I teeeaaasssseeee how are you Cal fellow, you not taking part? Whyever not, too shy for your own good, Mr Sir Mmmmsss Mfffoooyyy

N

neonmouse

Here's my completed survey... I've been told my voices I hear these days aren't normal psychotic voices... The original psychotic episode prob was... These days there normally just hollow distant voices, most of the times I just treat them as echo's of the original experience but sometimes I believe there psychic but these days I can never hear a whole sentence clearly from the pretenders or my regular voices.

Environment:

There normally silent when I'm talking directly to someone.

on a few occasions

If I'm around others with music on or in a car then normally yes... donno why. When the psychosis was new I made the assumption that I must me psychic and sometimes I believe that there may be some truth in that assumption.

So times first thing other later in the day.

They normally start when I remember them which depends day to day... normally really start around 2pm.r When on higher doses of medication they get really bad from 7-11pm... l'm currently on 1mg of Respiridone and this isn't happening unlike with 2mg, 4mg or the high doses of Olanzapine and Seroquel that I've been on

Louder the source of the sound, louder the voices...

Nope I don't think so... sometimes the air is more charged but that may just be an internal thing.

If I'm in a quite environment

People:

Currently 5 other people, 3 of which are voice and then theres me.

4-6ish

Way too much in a normal day

Only keywork and volunteering... plus im out drinking 2 or 3 times a week.

I'm pretty scatty when I do talk, mainly due to anxiety

Single

None

Suburban