• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Question

• Thread starter Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover
  • Start date
H

Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover

Hi, guys and girls.
I wanted to ask you if any have experienced the same.
I can't make friends easily or maintain them.
Thing is I can't trust on people even on my family to express my feelings. And I have noticed, when i trust someone and that someone hurts me someway, somehow, I abruptly stop trusting in that someone. And even if that someone didn't broke my trust, just hurt me.
And as hard as I try I just can't make it better.
Happened with my sister, my family and friends I lost.

Wondering, have something like this happened to one of you guys?

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It sounds to me like you feel hurt a lot and this could be a way to protect yourself from more hurt.

H

It sounds to me like you feel hurt a lot and this could be a way to protect yourself from more hurt.
You are definitely rigth. Have you experienced something like it?

Sash1

Sash1

Hi..yes, I'm the same. I don't have too many people around me anymore as once they hurt me or break my trust in them, I literally just cut them out of my life.
I have beat myself up many times thinking it must be me, that I'm too fussy or hard on people, or I'm not giving people a fair chance, or these people don't live up to my standard s of friendship etc, why can't they be as loyal or trusting as I am, or simply, I remove them from my life 'before' they get the chance to hurt me.
But now, I have to think to myself, I would rather have a handful of true friends, than a room full of 'so called aqauntancies' I've filtered the people I don't need around me, the ones that are not important enough to cause any pain or hurt. The toxic ones.
I know this might not be the 'normal' thing to do, but in my small world, it saves me a whole lot of grief, anxieties and trying to work out who I can trust anymore.

H

Hi..yes, I'm the same. I don't have too many people around me anymore as once they hurt me or break my trust in them, I literally just cut them out of my life.
I have beat myself up many times thinking it must be me, that I'm too fussy or hard on people, or I'm not giving people a fair chance, or these people don't live up to my standard s of friendship etc, why can't they be as loyal or trusting as I am, or simply, I remove them from my life 'before' they get the chance to hurt me.
But now, I have to think to myself, I would rather have a handful of true friends, than a room full of 'so called aqauntancies' I've filtered the people I don't need around me, the ones that are not important enough to cause any pain or hurt. The toxic ones.
I know this might not be the 'normal' thing to do, but in my small world, it saves me a whole lot of grief, anxieties and trying to work out who I can trust anymore.
I see, i have that thing where i kinda want to send them a message or try to talk to them. And then i feel like that's a mistake and i don't do it.
S