• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Question

• Thread starter personindistress
  • Start date
P

personindistress

Hiya
This is just a question that I had.

Is it normal for you to freeze up whenever a specific person enters the room, especially if they are angry? Like your heart clenches up and you fear that they are going to be angry/disapointed at you.

Thanks, have a great day!

A

Anxiousmess

Yes, definitely! It happens to me a lot, especially with certain people. You're not alone!

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

Yes, it's normal. Increase of blood pressure, sweating, anxiety, and stuttering could also occur.

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

Absolutely. I have ”trigger people” that causes that effect on me everytime I’m exposed... even though I’m old and supposedly wise now.

S

Shay94

Hell yes, I have a few people that instantly makes my anxiety go higher just seeing or thinking bout them. My step dad being the biggest one so I just try to avoid him as much as possible, do my own thing and try keeping myself as calm as possible. Not easy as he's always in a shitty mood after work & I copped abuse in similar situation with my ex 5 years so whenever he does it now, it sets me on edge

anex

anex

Hiya
This is just a question that I had.

Is it normal for you to freeze up whenever a specific person enters the room, especially if they are angry? Like your heart clenches up and you fear that they are going to be angry/disapointed at you.

Thanks, have a great day!
Yep. Less about a specific person, more generalized. It sucks, doesn’t it?

jajingna

jajingna

Lots of us grew up like that, walking on eggshells around one or more family members. I believe my social anxiety was a direct result of family dysfunction.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Depression Forum 2
B Depression Forum 5
M Depression Forum 5
D Depression Forum 7
L Depression Forum 3