• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Question about the causes of bipolar

T

toto

How many of you have had conservative parents? Can it be said that impulsive behavior during mania, irresponsibility were not allowed in childhood and therefore this behavior manifests itself only in adulthood?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

How many of you have had conservative parents? Can it be said that impulsive behavior during mania, irresponsibility were not allowed in childhood and therefore this behavior manifests itself only in adulthood?
I think it's possible. Some causes of mental illness are, I believe, based on trauma so I wouldn't be surprised. In my opinion what a developing brain is exposed to can determine a lot of the future. But it can still heal as it is neuroplastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

toto

That's how I explain it. The question, however, is how many of the participants can say that they had conservative parents who restricted freedom, privacy, and demanded high grades in school?

T

toto

Why is no one answering? It's important. Because if I'm right, it's about re-education, not taking pills. The only thing I have difficulty dealing with is falling asleep when I have a problem at work. Otherwise, at the moment I have no symptoms for 2 months and more, I sleep well for 8 hours.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Why is no one answering? It's important. Because if I'm right, it's about re-education, not taking pills. The only thing I have difficulty dealing with is falling asleep when I have a problem at work. Otherwise, at the moment I have no symptoms for 2 months and more, I sleep well for 8 hours.
Don't worry I study this topic a lot. I want you to know there is a lot of education going on in this regard. Study Dr Peter Breggin and Robert Whitaker to name a couple. People are slowly waking up.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I remember once seeing someone at work getting into an argument with this lady in the streets. When I inquired what the matter was, she hadn't paid him his final rent (he was the landlord) and she ran away with her husband. The man saw her in the street after like 10 years and was acting like a maniac demanding his money.

Now i'll tell you a principle i've observed in life and which might apply to mania because it basically is a rise in energy levels: "When you are deprived of something you want for so long, if it comes to you, you take it, and you might have trouble handling it"

If you were deprived of freedom, when you get it you take it, and you may have trouble handling it. I've observed it numerous times in life in different ways.

T

toto

Thanks! I absolutely agree that when it comes no to dementia, Parkinson's, if there is no abnormality in a brain scan, the condition is treatable, albeit difficult, because it is difficult to convince yourself that you are not being persecuted. Here I can point out to Tawny that she believed in something like voodoo magic. I myself believed that I was a clairvoyant and I was afraid of my thoughts. This is the first step to psychosis-irrational belief. After all, they say that if you don't sleep for 10 days, you die. So inappropriate behavior after a few days of insomnia should not even be discussed.

T

toto

If this irrational belief undergoes therapy, you stop worrying about it and restore sleep accordingly. Otherwise, I also went through such a moment to get something I wanted and ... I was somewhat unbalanced.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

If this irrational belief undergoes therapy, you stop worrying about it and restore sleep accordingly. Otherwise, I also went through such a moment to get something I wanted and ... I was somewhat unbalanced.
It took me years to come out of a particular delusion. Nothing could take that away but time and education. I also agree that your sleep can change after therapy for the better. To respond to your last comment, yes sleep deprivation definitely has its impacts. I've hallucinated at work after being sleep deprived. When your guard is down you are at your weakest. When you are sleep deprived anything can happen.