• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Question about schizophrenic behavior

E

Eminem 12345

My dad is schizophrenic and bipolar I speak to him regularly on the phone but I couldn't get a hold of him for a week so I phoned his cpn and he told me that my dad said he couldn't be assed speaking to me he is always excited and wants to speak to me more often but is this sudden change just him being a dick or is it his illness he is treatment resistant and hadn't been out of psychosis for the last 8 years he's been psychotic everyday medicine doesn't work

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
It's probably his illness, people can become very withdrawn etc.
I'm sorry he's treatment resistant, has he tried meds together like 2/3 antipsychotics?
Take care

E

Eminem 12345

Hi,
It's probably his illness, people can become very withdrawn etc.
I'm sorry he's treatment resistant, has he tried meds together like 2/3 antipsychotics?
Take care
He's been on every antipsychotic drug these is he has tried combo he's now on a depot injection and it causes side effects he been schizophrenic for 25 years now and he only got better when he wasn't taking his meds strangely enough but since he's been on depot injections he's got worse and worse when he refused to take his meds in the past he would be psychotic for 4 months then 4 months normal ect now its just 365 days of psychosis

E

Eminem 12345

Also he's an alcoholic I don't know if that stops the meds working but either way they have very serious scary side effects I take sertraline myself but AD drugs obviously aren't as potent as AP drugs

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry he's tried every drug available, they do indeed have many side effects.
Sorry your poorly as well.
Hugs