• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Question about food nausea

N

Nezuneko

hello! for as long as i can remember, eating certain foods (pizza, meat products, ramen, etc.) has made me throw up when tasting it. like, eating a single bite doesn’t even make me nauseous, it just triggers my gag reflex?the only way ive found to help is to drink something carbonated immediately after. and like, i Like these foods. i’ve struggled with bulimia and a binge disorder for 8 years now, so i was wondering if its somehow related? or if anyone else experiences this? thank you in advance for your time!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm sorry that i don't have an answer for you but glad you have found a way to keep these foods down. My uncle was sick after large greasy meals for a long time, but we always thought this was due to him not sitting down and calmly eating, he was always talking and walking around, or eating too fast.

There are many drinks and supplements that might help and be better for you than something fizzy.

Have you spoken to your doctor about this?

My instinct is it is the greasy food that might cause this feeling in general, we all feel a bit like that when we eat fatty foods.