Question about anxiety

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Hi everyone, my name is Michael and I've joined the forum today because I've had a few questions about anxiety because I've been struggling with it for the past few days and it's scaring me.

I want to make it before I state my case that I have no thoughts of hurting myself or others, my biggest fear in and of itself is death.

I had my first panic attack on Easter Night if I can recall correctly and ever since then I've been struggling with anxiety and the thoughts that I have diseases like cancer or some sort of tumor. I've been feeling pains in my chest and my head and I looked up symptoms and it's scared me. I've been to my primary doctor twice this week and I never asked for any sort of x-ray even though that would calm me down if I saw that I was healthy. When I went to the emergency room on Easter it felt like I was having a heart attack but the hospital ran an ekg, blood test, urine test, and chest x-rays and I'm perfectly healthy. The problem is now I have pains and the tests were ran a few weeks ago so I am just scared for my life. I have some appointments scheduled for a therapist and some a cardiologist for my heart. I've been having the feeling of shortness of breath most of the time and a weird almost buzzing like feeling in my head sometimes but I'd assume that's because of the anxiety thought I don't know. I wanted to know, does anyone else feel that they have some sort of illness and they feel like they're going to die when they have anxiety constantly?

K

Kittylove

Hi! I understand completely what you're going through. I can be the same way. I've thought I've had this illness and that illness. I've googled symptoms and was convinced I was sick. I can see why you'd want to have these tests done. I know i feel much better when I find out I'm okay and it puts my mind at ease. It very well could be your anxiety. Making your mind go a mile a minute, creating these scenarios. Death and illness is scary so it's natural for us to want to avoid it. It's great that you have a therapist and cardiologist appointment coming up. Hoping those encounters will help ease your mind and clear up some worry.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Thank you for the reply, it's good knowing others feel the same from time to time.

K

Kittylove

You're welcome. I have felt that way. So I can understand exactly what you're going through. I drove myself nuts always expecting the worse. Try to take a deep breath and distract your mind while you're waiting for your tests.

D

Deano84

Mate it's so nice to read this I've recently just started this forum the other day. I suffer with the same I have serious health anxiety and I believe I've got some sort of long term death sentence like hiv, numerous types of cancer ,recently my anxiety has gone through the roof and I've been having around 4 to 5 panic attacks a day. My mood has drastically changed I keep looking at my tounge constantly because this tells you about your health and I have a qi deficiency tounge from overthinking everything I have teeth Mark's in my tounge from clenched my teeth all the time. Every slight pain I get I google and the pain symptoms then seems to get worse has I keep thinking about it all the time and what it is and the what it could lead to. I get pains in my neck pains/abdominals/chest/jaw/eye strain the list goes on but I hope you get the help you need and you get better soon x

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Mate it's so nice to read this I've recently just started this forum the other day. I suffer with the same I have serious health anxiety and I believe I've got some sort of long term death sentence like hiv, numerous types of cancer ,recently my anxiety has gone through the roof and I've been having around 4 to 5 panic attacks a day. My mood has drastically changed I keep looking at my tounge constantly because this tells you about your health and I have a qi deficiency tounge from overthinking everything I have teeth Mark's in my tounge from clenched my teeth all the time. Every slight pain I get I google and the pain symptoms then seems to get worse has I keep thinking about it all the time and what it is and the what it could lead to. I get pains in my neck pains/abdominals/chest/jaw/eye strain the list goes on but I hope you get the help you need and you get better soon x
Thank you for the response Deano, in my case I'm gonna get some scans and tests ran but that's the only thing that scares me is the constant pains and the symptoms. The only thing that is constantly bothering me is a heavy chest and pains in my body, otherwise if I keep my mind focused on something else they go away and then when I'm done with that thing I get back into the feeling as described before. Best of luck to you, I'd recommend seeing a therapist if you haven't because I've heard they really do help a lot and I'm going next week for the first time so I'm pretty excited. Best of luck again though!

G

gam9147

Hi my friend, so many of us have health anxieties, me included. Its hard (impossible?) to reassure yourself all the time. I always recommend you treat any physical ailment as anxiety. It may not be, but even if it isn't, you are certainly anxious about it. So really it is. Does that make sense?

Even if you have some serious problem such as cancer, you have anxiety issues. So work on the anxiety first, of course you run the medical tests (as you did), but then you have to try to have faith in your doctor to tell you when you are OK and it is 99% likely its anxiety and not a physical ailment. Definitely work on getting a therapist, I highly recommend cognitive behavioral or dialetic for health anxieties.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Hi my friend, so many of us have health anxieties, me included. Its hard (impossible?) to reassure yourself all the time. I always recommend you treat any physical ailment as anxiety. It may not be, but even if it isn't, you are certainly anxious about it. So really it is. Does that make sense?

Even if you have some serious problem such as cancer, you have anxiety issues. So work on the anxiety first, of course you run the medical tests (as you did), but then you have to try to have faith in your doctor to tell you when you are OK and it is 99% likely its anxiety and not a physical ailment. Definitely work on getting a therapist, I highly recommend cognitive behavioral or dialetic for health anxieties.
Thanks for the response, I have a good amount of appointments set up for what I need done and other wise I'm doing pretty good.